Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Scoobie Noobie

george89 at standard level
Default First WRX

Hey all,

I recently purchased my first WRX, an MY01 with a few mild mods.
As she is fairly new to me (one week) I am still finding out what has actually been done. Reading through the receipts, searching under the bonnet etc. So far this is what I have.

Fully adjustable suspension (don't know what brand they are yet, haven't looked into it)
Rota 18" Rims
Exhuast (not sure if cat back or turbo back yet)
SPT Cold air intake
Sony Xplod Multimedia center
De-badged and tinted lights.

I have been reading through old posts and trying to find out as much as possible about these bug eyes and what should be done. From what i understand the stock suspension set up had under steer issues, the first thing to go mechanically will be the gear box starting with 4th being an issue and that the up pipe on the exhaust hides a nasty little bottle neck of a catalytic converter.

Now I know it looks like I don't know much about my own machine but I will find out more as soon as I have some more time on my hands! Harvest is dragging on and this rain is being a real pain in the ass.

So far the shopping list is:

Either replace the SPT CAI with a COBB one or just buy the COBB enclosure. I really need this to be sealed up nicely as the gravel roads will dust a motor in no time at all. Also I'm not a fan of the current exposed pod 6" from a hot turbo. From what I have seen on here I shouldn't go to Bunnings and get a bin to make my own pod in a box!

Some subtle mud flaps or guards. They don't look good, but neither does gravel rash paint job.

A date at the panel beaters to get the 6 or so small dings taken out of it and maybe look at doing something about a few patches of peeling clear coat/ stone chips.

A Prodrive replica front lip.

Fog light covers

Gauge pod for dash clock area.

I have a few photos of her, this is before a quick bath and posing in front of my daily!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20141029_174012.jpg   IMG_20141029_174028.jpg   IMG_20141029_174046.jpg   IMG_20141029_174119.jpg   IMG_20141029_181247.jpg  

Top-Deck likes this.

Tags
wrx