Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Ceeg's driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/61427-ceegs-driveway.html)

ceeg12 22-04-2015 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=Goosey;820952]I am running an X-force system personally, and came from an ultrex system. The quality between the ultrex and x-force is what you'd expect for the price difference of roughly $3-400, but the vision r system was miles ahead of mine![/QUOTE]

Xforce completely stainless steel TBE is $1900 and Ultrex is $950 - is it really worth double the price?

Also doesn't seem like Vision R provides any products for >'09 Subaru.

mitchwnz 22-04-2015 12:56 PM

Forget the fuel pump, CAI, and boost solenoid, you might as well cellotape some fully sick cardboard side skirts to your car and grab some mean as hub caps from Repco as they will be about as useful.

I've heard pretty good things about the Ultrex System, but to be honest when it comes to exhausts you don't skint as you and everybody else has to listen to that shit FOREVER. Also, budget in a decent tune.. I personally went with a Verso Tune but up to you.

ceeg12 22-04-2015 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=mitchwnz;820983]Forget the fuel pump, CAI, and boost solenoid, you might as well cellotape some fully sick cardboard side skirts to your car and grab some mean as hub caps from Repco as they will be about as useful.

I've heard pretty good things about the Ultrex System, but to be honest when it comes to exhausts you don't skint as you and everybody else has to listen to that shit FOREVER. Also, budget in a decent tune.. I personally went with a Verso Tune but up to you.[/QUOTE]

Yea, hence why I'm still weighting up options. However I've heard an Ultex on a '11 WRX and I personally liked it. Ill most likely be going with a verso tune.

Re. tyres - cars just been for a service and 4 new tires have been fitted so all good in that category. Well for now anyway....

amtrapid 22-04-2015 01:33 PM

you will find better prices if you get off your ass walk into Vision R or other performance places that have a shop front and talk to them you will never get best prices searching the interwebs or ringing up .

Most bolt on mods are very price reflective as in you pay for what you get. mid price range are usually the best products to look at and provide best bang and quality for buck.

ceeg12 22-04-2015 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=amtrapid;820986]you will find better prices if you get off your ass walk into Vision R or other performance places that have a shop front and talk to them you will never get best prices searching the interwebs or ringing up .

Most bolt on mods are very price reflective as in you pay for what you get. mid price range are usually the best products to look at and provide best bang and quality for buck.[/QUOTE]

Haha as I said, everything is still an option. When you're in Dubai for 5 weeks on a work call it can be pretty hard to get off your ass and walk into a shop in Perth.

I am going to take the time to have a personal chat to a few shops and also to a few tuners. I haven't had a chance in the past 3 months due to flying all over the shop for work... Been in Perth for all of 2 days since the end of Feb...

amtrapid 22-04-2015 06:30 PM

Sweet just buy shit in Dubai lol

Sent from under my Dok Dok

JDM_STYLE 22-04-2015 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=ceeg12;820976]Xforce completely stainless steel TBE is $1900 and Ultrex is $950 - is it really worth double the price?

Also doesn't seem like Vision R provides any products for >'09 Subaru.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to go the Ultrex one then buy it from Ultrex on eBay and only pay $899.99 with free delivery, saving you $82.01 compared to the price on the Ultrex site with shipping. :icon_thum

[URL="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUBARU-STI-WRX-MY11-14-TURBO-BACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-SEDAN-STAINLESS-STEEL-3-INCH-/151386966962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item233f5dcbb2"]Subaru STI WRX MY11 14 Turbo Back Exhaust System Sedan Stainless Steel 3 Inch | eBay[/URL]

ceeg12 22-04-2015 07:28 PM

[QUOTE=amtrapid;821031]Sweet just buy shit in Dubai lol

Sent from under my Dok Dok[/QUOTE]

Shit over his is the same price as home... No room in luggage anyway...

amtrapid 22-04-2015 07:29 PM

Spewin

Sent from under my Dok Dok

ceeg12 22-04-2015 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;821034]If you are going to go the Ultrex one then buy it from Ultrex on eBay and only pay $899.99 with free delivery, saving you $82.01 compared to the price on the Ultrex site with shipping. :icon_thum

[URL="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUBARU-STI-WRX-MY11-14-TURBO-BACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-SEDAN-STAINLESS-STEEL-3-INCH-/151386966962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item233f5dcbb2"]Subaru STI WRX MY11 14 Turbo Back Exhaust System Sedan Stainless Steel 3 Inch | eBay[/URL][/QUOTE]

I'll be going in to Ultrex when I'm finally home for a while and having a chat with Rob. See what he can do.

Where is Mao's shop? Also wouldn't mind going to see him with a few enquiries.