Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Ceeg's driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/61427-ceegs-driveway.html)

ceeg12 22-04-2015 02:52 AM

Ceeg's driveway

So I made my first purchase tonight, so though I'de start one!

So I'm driving a 2012 wrx in grey and my first performance purchase is an AEM CAI and Grimmspeed boost solenoid from carmodsaustralia. Pretty happy all in all!

along with these two I will be adding an Ultrex TBE (most likely at this stage) - going with an Ultrex mainly due to what I've heard about them, and also due to the price of US made exhausts at the moment...

I'm also considering a fuel pump.

What do you guys reckon? Decent decisions for a first tune?

Cheers.

Goosey 22-04-2015 07:23 AM

Congrats on the purchase mate.

I am certainly no expert in the modification field, but might I suggest having a look at the New my11- my13 TBE produced by vision r? I did a test fit for them a while back, and the quality was exceptional. If they are being produced already, would be worth taking a look. I am running an X-force system personally, and came from an ultrex system. The quality between the ultrex and x-force is what you'd expect for the price difference of roughly $3-400, but the vision r system was miles ahead of mine!

I also remember hearing that the stock airbox is quite good up until something like 300hp, but I may be wrong.

Most people go for the TBE, fuel pump and tune (I have done this too, and am happy with the results), and also the BCS appears to be popular as well.

Good luck with your plans!

Sent from my LG-D802T

s20525xxx 22-04-2015 07:28 AM

Thats exactly what I did, except I have a butler tbe. Love AEM's sound:D

Is fuel pump necessary for street use? Can someone add comments on this?

Other than that, using BP98, good oil, shorter oil change interval and proper warmup r also important.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Soksta 22-04-2015 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=s20525xxx;820953]Is fuel pump necessary for street use? Can someone add comments on this?[/QUOTE]

For street use on a normal unmodified car, most likely no.
For a car that is modified slightly and may be pushed further at a later point in time, then I would say it isn't a bad idea.

New fuel pumps are fairly cheap, not too hard to install and can be viewed as cheap insurance for your fuel system.

shaunus 22-04-2015 08:15 AM

Go EL headers, up pipe and TBE...I think most people who have seen my car over the years will vouch how killer it sounds. The best part about it is next to no drone on highways or when cruising...but that may be due to the 1/2 tonne of dynamat!

nauli 22-04-2015 09:16 AM

Some advice...forget boost solenoid. Remember when changing to TBE you should get the car re-tuned and include an uprated fuel pump.....and do the CAI at the same time with the re-tune.
Search this forum for plenty of information on these subjects...

ceeg12 22-04-2015 10:40 AM

Cheers guys.

At the moment, CAI is mainly for the sound but also will provide room to move if I ever do want to make it solely into a track car (buy now instead of later was my thought).

In re. to solenoid - I've heard many things. Some say it doesn't make any improvement however was reading a thread in which someone had quoted Mao where he said it's worth it even on an unmodified car. Just something that I thought would get me a little more power and it was real cheap....

Still have some time to think about which TBE I want, and will be having a look at xforce - haven't actually read anything about them as of yet...

Same reason I'm thinking a fuel pump is due to potential future mods, and also the fact that they're relatively cheap...

Nothing will be going on my car until just before the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daaaamien 22-04-2015 11:25 AM

I have a 'HiTech' oval Exhaust system on my MY00, really nice rumble without the drone and fits in nice and snug (doesnt hang down like cheaper systems do). I have heard that HiTech have gone down hill in their recent years but I may be wrong.

As a mod list, have you thought about handling mods too? a nice set of lower springs and a few braces might make it a little more fun to corner in and are good if you're on a budget...

ceeg12 22-04-2015 11:36 AM

[QUOTE=Daaaamien;820972]As a mod list, have you thought about handling mods too? a nice set of lower springs and a few braces might make it a little more fun to corner in and are good if you're on a budget...[/QUOTE]

Sure have, for the moment prior to my first tune I'm only looking at engine mods. Once my first tune is completed and feeling comfortable with the car again I will be considering sway bars and suspension of some sort - so many decisions....

nick73 22-04-2015 11:44 AM

Tyres?

You're gonna need a set after they tune that bcs.