Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level
Default Power FC GC8

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I am about to buy a second hand Power FC for my GC8.

Just wondering if there is any specific things I should be looking at to make sure it won't cause any problems when install and tune in my car? or are they pretty much bulletproof and reliable although old?

The guy has very kindly offer to plug it in my car for testing purpose just to see it light up before I pay him, but would this be okay to plug in tested and plug it back off again? or will this reset the factory ecu in there at the moment and cause all sorts of mischief?

Also I know there is a post somewhere on the forum about FAQ Power FC but I can't seem to locate the model no or what not to suit particular vehicle and I know there are lots of ads out there which sells Power FC for different type of cars, the guy advertised it as a Power FC to suit 99 GC8/STI, but is there a serial no or model no I could look at? and should I also make sure that certain cables or what not comes with the unit?

Info on my car:

Built 04/1999 WRX (Non STI)

Thanks guys, sorry for all the questions but I'm on a tight budget and wanted to make sure they are right.

Hope to hear from you soon

Tags
fc, gc8, power

« Gday | My 2006 wrx »