Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/)
-   -   Link G4 Tuner Perth (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introductions/69144-link-g4-tuner-perth.html)

Ben628 23-10-2017 08:46 PM

Link G4 Tuner Perth

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a great Tuner for Link G4 in Perth? I’ve had the car tuned few months ago by Justin at BYE but now I’m upgrading a few things like top Feed Injectors with Fuel Pressure Regulators and VF34 from VF35 and adding a surge tank.

Most would probably remember the history from my last thread on engine build.

I really love the tune Justin’s done but he keeps pushing me back and back on the time I can book my car, it’s happened 3 times and I’m starting to get tired of waiting... he’s very busy and I understand that but I was ready since over a month ago and it just keeps getting pushed back and back again. I don’t know maybe he’s not interested I’m not sure but it’s unfortunate I really would prefer to go with him again if only he can set a time which he can’t seem to.

Through my research two names come across Tokyo Motorsport and Garage 101... just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Or any other place you can recommend?

Thanks guys, hope to hear your thoughts

REXXXED 2.0 23-10-2017 08:49 PM

Tokyo motorsport.

Race torque

Hyperdrive i think do it ? (Someone confirm)

Galvsport i herd got a dyno from a friend yesterday

Just a few off the top of my head :)

MY00 Club Spec EVO IV #187/300 with a 05 JDM STI conversion 290hp 406nm

Ben628 23-10-2017 09:09 PM

Thanks REXXED... I called Race Torque before I went to Justin but Lane only does Autronic and Motec.

Hyperdrive I can't remember why but they can't do it either... so the only one left I suppose would be Tokyo Motorsport but keen to hear experience from someone who used them in the past...

nick73 24-10-2017 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=Ben628;849430]so the only one left I suppose would be Tokyo Motorsport but keen to hear experience from someone who used them in the past...[/QUOTE]

Good tuner is Jamie, ring him for a chat you will.

nauli 24-10-2017 11:54 AM

Also Justin @ BYE Performance

Bram 24-10-2017 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=nauli;849438]Also Justin @ BYE Performance[/QUOTE]

Justin is very busy and incredibly hard to get hold of. Hence why this thread was started in the first place. But he does do good tunes and is very reasonably priced. I have no issues with his tunes, but it did take him over 2 weeks from when i dropped the car off because of how busy he is, and trouble getting access to a AWD dyno.

No offence to the OP. But Justin simply might not want to do his car because of the dramas with AWD dyno access, VS the work load of RWD cars he already has, and can do easily without drama in-house????

There is also Garage 101. Cant comment about the tunes, availabilty or price though.

s1de_ways 24-10-2017 02:22 PM

Justin did the tune on my WRX and I'm very happy but if I had to go somewhere else it would be Tokyo. They tuned my old evo and we're awesome to deal with!!

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Sneakynuts 24-10-2017 03:21 PM

Justin at BYE is fine as long as it is booked in and he isn't trying to slip it in between other jobs...

REXXXED 2.0 24-10-2017 04:35 PM

Justin took over 3 weeks to get my car in and i waited just because i know how good his tunes are and like bram said his pricing is very reasonable. If you can wait for him to be free and get time to tune your car it would be the best :)

MY00 Club Spec EVO IV #187/300 with a 05 JDM STI conversion 290hp 406nm

Bram 24-10-2017 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=Sneakynuts;849442]Justin at BYE is fine as long as it is booked in and he isn't trying to slip it in between other jobs...[/QUOTE]

Yeah 100% agree. And i wasnt trying to have a dig at him either with my comment. I dropped the car there knowing that he would get through it when he could. And its not like i was needing it done for an upcomming event or anything. The car is so modified it just sits in garage anyways.:laughing1