Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Brett STI
  • 2 Post By JRecardo
  • 1 Post By Captain Buff
  • 1 Post By nick73

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Brett STI at standard level
Default New old member :)

Hi all,

I'm Brett and used to own a 99 GC8 WRX when I was younger but sold it due to work commitments and moving up north. Picked up a 76 series v8 landcruiser and it was a lot of fun but have since been transferred back to Perth and I am getting the itch to hop back into a wrx.

Just looking into getting a MY18 / MY19 sti spec r and thought i'd re introduce myself. Not looking for massive power or anything, probably a stage 1 tune and nice exhaust and I'll be happy.

Looking forward to hopefully catching up with some of you guys and going on some cruises

Cheers
nick73 and Captain Buff like this.
Old 26-07-2019, 12:39 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett STI View Post
Hi all,

I'm Brett and used to own a 99 GC8 WRX when I was younger but sold it due to work commitments and moving up north. Picked up a 76 series v8 landcruiser and it was a lot of fun but have since been transferred back to Perth and I am getting the itch to hop back into a wrx.

Just looking into getting a MY18 / MY19 sti spec r and thought i'd re introduce myself. Not looking for massive power or anything, probably a stage 1 tune and nice exhaust and I'll be happy.

Looking forward to hopefully catching up with some of you guys and going on some cruises

Cheers
G'day mate, nice to meet you

Nice to meet a potential 2015+ owner as well I'm not sure too sure that there are many around here...

I have an MY17 WRX (albeit pending some work...d'oh!). I initially fell for the lesser WRX variant simply because there was a bit more of a 'woot' around for the new style engine back then, and in terms of driving it felt like more fun 'around the streets' (boost and power came on quicker etc.).

It obviously cost a lot less as well! The dollars weren't the problem (I paid cash for mine brand new...); it was more to do with my personal feelings that a lot of the price tag for the STi seemed to be in cosmetics.

That's what I said back then though...actually just had a look at the Subaru website now. I was going to say that given a couple more years of knowledge about the FA20DIT's issues an STi with an exhaust and a tune may have been a better idea...

I just quickly looked at the main page; but $64k for a Spec R and $44k for a base model...$57k for the base STi...I wonder if that pricing hints at how Subaru feel about the DI version? All the same $20k (or $13k) is a few dollars; I'm actually really surprised.

Each to their own mate - buy what you will enjoy and love it, I mean no offence! - but that kind of extra coin for a Spec R is a bit..I don't know what extras the models have on them but I'll have a look now

Regardless, nice to meet you mate
Old 26-07-2019, 02:24 AM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

Stage what? Quick, grab the pitchforks!! Welcome back
Old 26-07-2019, 02:57 AM

Hang about...I replied to this and it hasn't shown up...but it shows that I liked your post...

...smells like an admin flag to me.
Old 26-07-2019, 11:04 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
Hang about...I replied to this and it hasn't shown up...but it shows that I liked your post...

...smells like an admin flag to me.

I couldn't even tell you the last time I saw a moderator or admin active here, I don't think censoring your introduction posts is at the top of anybody's to-do list.
nick73 and Captain Buff like this.
Old 26-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRecardo View Post

I couldn't even tell you the last time I saw a moderator or admin active here, I don't think censoring your introduction posts is at the top of anybody's to-do list.
Well lets start with some semblance of civility...I don't believe we have met yet mate; nice to meet you

As we haven't met before and I don't really know you (and this one is a little difficult when you don't quite have all the information); I'll grant you a mulligan on that quite palpably sarcastic and patronising response

Hopefully you can follow this...I'll try my best to explain simple logic. I 'liked' Brett's introduction post and immediately wrote a response (because I have never met him??). I actually wrote a reasonably lengthy 'g'day; nice to meet you mate...awesome to see another 2015+ guy on here; what's your attraction to the Spec R over other models'...friendly stuff!

On pressing 'Submit Comment' I was greeted with the quick flash of a screen that said 'this comment is being sent to moderation for review' to which I - if I may borrow one of your phrases; - and then went about other stuff.

Low and behold drewgong here said g'day at the wee hours of the morning...about an hour after I had attempted to I think. I was still about working on the computer - and though it seems it had not posted my comment it still sent an email update saying that someone had commented on a forum I was subscribed to - so I read his response and noted that mine was not present...and that led to my comment!

I hope that being made aware of the precise circumstances helps out; and it's nice to meet you I do agree on one thing in particular though: censoring my friendly welcomes/introductions to others is likely to NOT BE on anyone's 'To Do List'

To Brett: my apologies mate, there is a current issue being discussed by a number of helpful people...and one more. It is not your problem and nothing to do with you mate! I would like to have a chat with you about the post I attempted to put down as I am interested in a few things you mentioned...hopefully I can get back to you before I am booted peace mate.
Brett STI likes this.
Old 26-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Brett STI at standard level

Whoa this blew out. :/ All good, I forgot to correct my original post, Will be getting a custom tune and exhaust not stage 1 (Silly Audi forums made me say it!) when I do end up getting one.

Thanks for the welcome messages anyway

What drew me to the spec r over other models? Sat in a few that I have looked at and the recaro seats fit me well and are comfortable as ever and loving the spoiler. Got the spare funds so thought i'd go it over the premium.

Happy to chat if you want to flick us a message Buff

Brett
Old 26-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

fuck emojis
drewgong likes this.
drewgong (31-07-2019)

Tags