Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   Proposed Targa West Malaga Special Stage (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/46526-proposed-targa-west-malaga-special-stage.html)

urabus 24-12-2011 11:59 PM

Would make an awesome prologue stage. Dont know about having it as a normal stage though? Have they worked out a way to tet rid of the speed bumps at whiteman park yet?

Should suit the evos / sti's over the gtr's i would have thought.

Brendon

TarmacSTi 27-12-2011 01:31 PM

i like

beernuts 12-02-2012 10:47 AM

Looks cool. These roads I've driven quite a few times as I use to work on Juna Drive for a few years.

Master D 12-02-2012 12:04 PM

I think they confirmed the malaga stage has the green light at the launch the other week didnt they?

Andy 12-02-2012 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=urabus;638979]Would make an awesome prologue stage. Dont know about having it as a normal stage though? Have they worked out a way to tet rid of the speed bumps at whiteman park yet?

Should suit the evos / sti's over the gtr's i would have thought.

Brendon[/QUOTE]

cant believe people still complain about the bumps! Its a rally, drive to the conditions. Slow down or hit it hard, its really up to the driver.

I heard this was going to be a sunday stage?

confirm anyone?

urabus 12-02-2012 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=Andy;651817]cant believe people still complain about the bumps! Its a rally, drive to the conditions. Slow down or hit it hard, its really up to the driver.

I heard this was going to be a sunday stage?

confirm anyone?[/QUOTE]

Its WA's premier tarmac rally. Having speed bumps on a stage (remember this stage is used 4 times, twice for prologue and twice as ss1 and ss2) just makes it seem like a carpark autokhana IMHO. Hardly an invitation for the kids on the east to come and launch $1m lambos off them.

Comfirmed it will be a sunday morning stage.

Brendon

beernuts 12-02-2012 02:40 PM

Targa West entry is in! This Malaga stage should be good.
I agree that this might be better as prologue

Pimpreza 12-02-2012 04:56 PM

Bobcat = no speed humps.

Andy 12-02-2012 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=urabus;651835]Its WA's premier tarmac rally. Having speed bumps on a stage (remember this stage is used 4 times, twice for prologue and twice as ss1 and ss2) just makes it seem like a carpark autokhana IMHO. Hardly an invitation for the kids on the east to come and launch $1m lambos off them.

Comfirmed it will be a sunday morning stage.

Brendon[/QUOTE]

Wrest point, and tassie don't have rough roads with deep cuts thrown in with them too?

prepared to potentially bounce a $1m lambo off the trees, prepared to go over a bump 8 times..

I still cant see why its such a huge thing.

dtrally 13-02-2012 12:25 AM

The bumps are fuckall. One is just before a tight narrow bend just after the start, you're still in second gear.....the other is a long flat one that you can hit as fast as a WRX will go and hardly feel a thing. It's more of a jump than a bump.

As usual, the onles that hit it fast jumped perfectly, the noobs that hit it with the brakes on buried the nose into it hard.

Anyone who thinks those bumps a problem will shit themselves in John Forest.