Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   2012 Quit Forest Rally Busselton & Nannup 30/3 - 1/4 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/48132-2012-quit-forest-rally-busselton-nannup-30-3-1-4-a.html)

Rally_Action 24-03-2012 07:44 AM

2012 Quit Forest Rally Busselton & Nannup 30/3 - 1/4

Round 1 of the WA State Rally Championship and Round 2 of the Australian Rally Championship is due to kick off on Friday the 30th of March in Busselton. The Quit Forest Rally will start with a tarmac special stage around the Busselton foreshore on Friday night, before the action heads to the forests of Nannup on Saturday for the rally's gravel stages.
The QFR is run as two heats so the action is repeated on Saturday night in Busselton and Sunday in Nannup.
There is a lot to watch on this year's event. Not only is there a field of 58 widely varied rally cars, the ARC has introduced side by side racing (Can-Am & Polaris off road vehicles) with a further 5 entries and also a Trail & Quad bike section too.

Of particular local interest are the teams of Tom Wilde/Lee Tierney and Nic Box/Ash Ridden. The two teams are this year contesting the ARC and have been waving the WA flag high. On round 1 (Rally Calder), Wilde/Tierney and Box/Ridden were 1st and 2nd respectively. Maybe not of so much interest to P-WRX members, both teams are competing in Lancer Evo's.

All info including entry lists & spectator guides can be found on the official WARC website: [URL="http://www.rallywa.com"]www.rallywa.com[/URL]

dtrally 24-03-2012 07:46 PM

Yawn.......Is that mad cnut in the green GC-8 gunna be there again sideways everywhere, brakes glowing chucking rocks and making the moistys moist?

Andy 24-03-2012 08:00 PM

No, he's too busy adjusting his hair in the mirror to be making the moistys moist

johnvk7 24-03-2012 08:18 PM

Along the same topic, the Rally Calder highlights show is on OneHD tomorrow from 12.30pm.

Andy 24-03-2012 08:30 PM

And they showed sfa of Tommi wilde in the coverage, the winner of the event, because he didnt pay the rediculous tv package amount at the start of the year...

But we have 25 minutes of honda! btw HONDAS RALLIED AT CALDER. what a joke.

Jeckle 24-03-2012 09:49 PM

Those guys and those also mentioned here on post #100, which includes

Some of the names competing this year, apart from the regulars of Hynes, Wilde, Bates et-al, Dale MOSCAT (sic) or Dale Moscatt, previously sat beside Novikov up until one too many offs, so he has a really big set. Doug Tostevin (speaking of big sets) is also driving, which makes a nice change from being behind a camera (eg at Targa)

Another former Subaru name competing is Cody Crocker, (in the SxS class) Hopefully the predicted rain settles the dust, and makes for a great event.

dtrally 25-03-2012 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=Andy;663982]..........But we have 25 minutes of honda! btw HONDAS RALLIED AT CALDER. what a joke.[/QUOTE]

It is amazing how rules and regulations can be altered and re-written before, during and after a rally to accomodate the teams who have the $$$$$.

I know if I needed to repair my brakes in parc ferme during a rally I'd be excluded.

Front wheel drive rallycars, they can understeer even while stationary!

Rally_Action 25-03-2012 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=dtrally;664150]It is amazing how rules and regulations can be altered and re-written before, during and after a rally to accomodate *certain teams
I know if I needed to repair my brakes in parc ferme during a rally I'd be excluded.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed Dougie. Or be excluded from the previous heat 3/4 of the way through the next day after the Stewards had their meeting the night before and the results from the first heat had been ratified....

dtrally 26-03-2012 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=johnvk7;663976]Along the same topic, the Rally Calder highlights show is on OneHD tomorrow from 12.30pm.[/QUOTE]

Rally Calder was a wank. There was only one highlight....Batesy's RA40:D If it wasn't for that I would have asked for my money back!

XT43 26-03-2012 11:08 PM

White in the old Monaro was entertaining. " Car wasn't ready so we borrowed this to do skids. Everyone loves skids! " lol.

Doug, you should have no problems attracting the cameras, just keep Damo busy and out of the way.