Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   2013 State Sprint Series at RAC (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/53842-2013-state-sprint-series-rac.html)

RUSSGT 14-05-2013 03:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the results!

Congrats to Jamie and Matty! Nice times guys. Great work to Burke too!

Mick 14-05-2013 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;753124]Here are the results!

Congrats to Jamie and Matty! Nice times guys. Great work to Burke too![/QUOTE]

WOW thats efficient!

Well done Russ for sourcing the results......i take my hat off to the rest of you super quick guys. Well done good effort

phoenix 14-05-2013 04:57 PM

I'm happy with those results :)

Well done to all those that were quicker than me :rolleyes: and unlucky to those that were slower :p

Good to see the results coming out quicker now :D

RUSSGT 14-05-2013 05:28 PM

Your times were great Carl! Considering what's been done to your car it's a real credit to your driving!!

phoenix 14-05-2013 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;753151]Your times were great Carl! Considering what's been done to your car it's a real credit to your driving!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Russ. We all do the best we can with what we have eh!

Will post the vid of my run soon.

phoenix 16-05-2013 07:47 PM

Finally got around to uploading it.

My final and fastest run of the day

[YT]XW-EANJDajA[/YT]

XT43 16-05-2013 08:57 PM

Hey Carl, I'm far from being an expert but I think you are taking the long way round.
All the corners on the back half ( from the tight right hander on to the sweeper to the right hander that takes you off the straight ) you are a good meter or so from clipping the apex ( there is dirt on those corners for a reason :) ) probably the worst one that would slow you down a bit is the right hander coming off the straight, you aren't really hitting the apex and going wide which pushes you wide to the left and then you have to work harder to get back to the right hand side to take the left hander back on the skidpan. It's even harder when you are exiting the earlier right for the finish line.
Like I said, far from being and expert but there seems to be a good distance to the edge of the corners where most are cutting ( not hitting the cones though ) and the side of your car. Maybe it could be the camera angle but also something to work on.

RUSSGT 16-05-2013 09:53 PM

So smooth Carl! Agree with Burke though. If you look at my vids half my car is over the grass in some of those corners!

phoenix 17-05-2013 12:55 PM

Guys thanks for the input.

I did notice that when I was looking at the video but didnt really think alot more about it. I will study it a bit more now you have mentioned it.

Any advice or input is always welcome :)

kid 17-05-2013 01:04 PM

Yeah after Burkake made those comments i looked back at my video, but due to the camera angle and shit exposure setting i couldn't see anything...

I'm beginning to appreciate why you guys have the camera set like that now...