Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   2015-2016 McRae Motorsport Rallysprint Series (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/62041-2015-2016-mcrae-motorsport-rallysprint-series.html)

xr06t 15-02-2016 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;835609]This is why I think this a horrible venue for stuff like this.
It's only a matter of time before there's a big smash there. Curbs, concrete, buildings and lamp posts everywhere. Not for me chef.[/QUOTE]

I agree, especially when compared to RAC. i get queasy just watching the vids, but i still watch.

fatboy 15-02-2016 02:13 PM

Its a fucking rally sprint you poofs.... RALLY, as in passenger in the silly seat going past things that are going to cause damage if you make a mistake.... same as any fucking rally...

If you want big run offs and the ability to circle jerk after they pull you unharmed out of a sand trap then i think circuit racing is for you.... stay away from the real mans sport, or the sheer grit of the sand in your vagina's may induce death!

Now i can sit back, relax and wait for BLUES to chime in on how bad the concrete barriers are....

Fuck me, is it 2010 already?

Master D 15-02-2016 02:27 PM

Honestly, is everyone freaking out over this again.
I can't wait to see the argument between armco barriers vs concrete barriers again.

There is no pre-requisite to drive balls to the wall 10/10ths in this event. It is no worse than you doing your favourite stretch of road late at night. Difference is that you've paid to have fun and you've got a mate in the car both wearing helmets.

baylee 15-02-2016 03:18 PM

What kerbs?
;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeckle 15-02-2016 03:31 PM

Lachy mentioned the zig zags, there is also Kurandra on TSW, where really big trees are at the edge of a really narrow road.

This is a rally sprint, not a sprint. The body in the silly seat is there to provide notes, as per a rally.

Looks to me they may have seen a change in the road and thought they were closer to the end of the keyhole then they were.

Again, as per the road, drive to the conditions and your skill level.

Oh, you also get notes to the stage. Last 2 events Ive seen cars (on reece fortunately ) go the wrong way at the "shed" where you enter the strip/exit the return road and head towards/come from the gate.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Mick 15-02-2016 04:03 PM

WARNING MOTORSPORT CAN BE DANGEROUS
Despite the organizer taking all responsible precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen in respect of these, YOU are present at YOUR RISK.

If you don't want to play don't take the risk!:violent1:

dazdavies 15-02-2016 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=fatboy;835628]Its a fucking rally sprint you poofs.... RALLY, as in passenger in the silly seat going past things that are going to cause damage if you make a mistake.... same as any fucking rally...

If you want big run offs and the ability to circle jerk after they pull you unharmed out of a sand trap then i think circuit racing is for you.... stay away from the real mans sport, or the sheer grit of the sand in your vagina's may induce death!

Now i can sit back, relax and wait for BLUES to chime in on how bad the concrete barriers are....

Fuck me, is it 2010 already?[/QUOTE]

Oh Look somebody thinks he's Colin McRae. :rolleyes:

fatboy 15-02-2016 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;835636]Oh Look somebody thinks he's Colin McRae. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If your talking about me not giving a fuck about shunting a car whilst in Motorsport then yeah, I do think like him.... ( in fact I shunted one at the end of last year, didn't have a cry or whinge on the net I just got in with fixing it so it can happen again)

But since that's not what you were referring to I am just going to put you in the same catagorie as all the other vagina having poofs that have whinged about this event on here for the past 5 years....

You do realise you can drive as fast as the size of your wallet there right? If there's not much in your wallet drive at 7/10....

Then of course there is the other thing I hate mentioning, but I will anyway, if you don't like it then don't go.... Easy.....

amtrapid 15-02-2016 05:15 PM

I like the Event . is it risky yes . as risky as Targa or gravel No fucking way. Ive chosen to do a season of Sprint at RAC to get seat time before tackling Mcrae . Once Im happy with my setup I'm in . I have to say yeah getting seat time at RAC is good as its a little forgiving but half the course is boring as bat shit .

Having come from more a gravel background Id prefer to run at Mcrae and hit some barriers or a kerb rather then a tree at speed . As others have said drive to your ability and remember RAC is sprint style racing not Rally sprint . Buildings Trees and shit gets the blood flowing but jumping into any motorsport without safety and pushing past your ability its gunna end bad MMMMMKKAY.

Personally Id rather fuck up hit something and have myself to blame rather then have 20 odd other cars that can make may day shit on the track the same time as me like Barbs .

Saint_23 15-02-2016 05:23 PM

Tight and twisty with things to hit.
That's rallying.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app