Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   2015-2016 McRae Motorsport Rallysprint Series (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/62041-2015-2016-mcrae-motorsport-rallysprint-series.html)

ALEX. 26-06-2015 03:26 PM

2015-2016 McRae Motorsport Rallysprint Series

It's here again!

[B][url=http://www.rallysprints.com]Rallysprints[/url]
[url]https://www.facebook.com/targawest[/url][/B]

The first event in the 15/16 season starts in about three weeks with the standalone Mid-Year Rallysprint. Then the 5-round series kicks off later in the year and goes through early 2016.

If you don't know what the Rallysprint is, head to that website for full regs, maps and images of previous events. It's open to most motorcars (don't need a cage), NOT just caged tarmac-spec vehicles. So come and have some fun!

Some images from previous events can be found at [url=http://manolophotography.com.au/portfolios/mcrae-rally-sprint-round-3/]McRae Rally Sprint 2013/14 Round 3 - Manolo MediaManolo Media[/url]

DATES:
[B]Quit Targa West Ride Day & Mid-Year Rallysprint
[/B]Sun 19 July 2015
[B]Round 1
[/B]Thurs 29 Oct 2015
[B]Round 2
[/B]Thurs 26 Nov 2015
[B]Round 3
[/B]Thurs 14 Jan 2016
[B]Round 4
[/B]Thurs 11 Feb 2016
[B]Round 5
[/B]Thurs 10 Mar 2016
and the [B]mid-year one for 2016[/B] (incase you wanted 13 months' notice):
Sun 17 Jul 2016

lachy294 12-01-2016 12:05 PM

Bumping this up for Thursday night, should be a good night! Spectating is free for those that want to come for a look.

amtrapid 12-01-2016 05:41 PM

As Lachy said ,
Come down have a gander meet some of the P-diddy crew .There is always some of us kicking around and competing , marshalling etc. Its free its family friendly ,there is a great cross section of cars , its well run and plenty of good spectating points

and its free ..... did i mention its free:):):)

REXXXED 2.0 12-01-2016 06:06 PM

ill be there to watch ! i went to the last one and i am hooked ! ill try and be there every event :D

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Mcclacker 12-01-2016 07:59 PM

i'm running, no big times expected though we are using this sprint series to get the car ready for targa west. Since the last run I've adjusted the ride height, fitted new ecu, another dyno tune this time at ASG, fitted new sticky tyres.

amtrapid 12-01-2016 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=Mcclacker;834563]i'm running, no big times expected though we are using this sprint series to get the car ready for targa west. Since the last run I've adjusted the ride height, fitted new ecu, another dyno tune this time at ASG, fitted new sticky tyres.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah will have to have a gander at the car :D

munya 12-01-2016 08:50 PM

At the current roster I may be running in the March pending corn juice tune and other stuff Troy and I have been planing...

amtrapid 12-01-2016 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=munya;834568]At the current roster I may be running in the March pending corn juice tune and other stuff Troy and I have been planing...[/QUOTE]

Oh the sweet corn sooooooon[ATTACH]15734[/ATTACH]

Mcclacker 13-01-2016 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=amtrapid;834567]Hell yeah will have to have a gander at the car :D[/QUOTE] Not hard to spot :-)

lachy294 13-01-2016 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Mcclacker;834572]Not hard to spot :-)[/QUOTE]

Ill try and come and say hi at some point in the night, I'm taking the STi out for a run too

Jezza 09-02-2016 12:12 PM

Anyone from here going this Thursday? Might be down there for a run.

Saint_23 09-02-2016 01:47 PM

Will be there as per usual.

Jezza 09-02-2016 02:47 PM

Where's the best place to get reflective triangles at short notice?

Also

If I have 2x 1kg fire extinguishers, do both need to be reachable by driver? Or can I put one in boot or something? At the moment I have one mounted on passenger seat rail.

XT43 09-02-2016 02:49 PM

pretty sure i got mine from repco or the likes, not sure on the extinguisher rule..

nick73 09-02-2016 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=Jezza;835383]Where's the best place to get reflective triangles at short notice?

Also

If I have 2x 1kg fire extinguishers, do both need to be reachable by driver? Or can I put one in boot or something? At the moment I have one mounted on passenger seat rail.[/QUOTE]

Ring Ivan at GoGear.

baylee 09-02-2016 07:39 PM

2kg in the car, 1kg each reachable to both driver & Nav. But you will need them tagged & stamped. Ivan or Roy can do this also.
kap industries if your not racing Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jezza 14-02-2016 09:15 PM

Here's our 'soiled pants moment' from the sprint on Thursday night...

[url]https://youtu.be/bNtRuqIuQQM[/url]

XT43 14-02-2016 09:53 PM

Hard to see on the phone but did you clip a curb to start the poo poo moment?

Nice save!

Bram 14-02-2016 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=XT43;835592]Hard to see on the phone but did you clip a curb to start the poo poo moment?

Nice save![/QUOTE]

Looks like he didnt see the curb, then last minute it jumped out at him and he had to rapidly change his line to miss it.

REXXXED 2.0 14-02-2016 10:57 PM

faurrkk quick reactions mate ! awesome correction

custard is love custard is life

Jezza 15-02-2016 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=Bram;835593]Looks like he didnt see the curb, then last minute it jumped out at him and he had to rapidly change his line to miss it.[/QUOTE]

Correct... had just gotten dark, didn't realise I was wandering into the bay until last second. I don't know how I got through that haha

Jezza 15-02-2016 09:00 AM

Outside view of my final and fastest run. Starting to get lines right, but still lacking some balls through some sections of the course!

[url]https://youtu.be/7avYNlZlzuI[/url]

Bram 15-02-2016 09:33 AM

Jezza you need to sort out some flood lights or light bar or something. That is bullshit with such low power and centralised headlight lights.

dazdavies 15-02-2016 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=Jezza;835589]Here's our 'soiled pants moment' from the sprint on Thursday night...

[url]https://youtu.be/bNtRuqIuQQM[/url][/QUOTE]

This is why I think this a horrible venue for stuff like this.
It's only a matter of time before there's a big smash there. Curbs, concrete, buildings and lamp posts everywhere. Not for me chef.

Bram 15-02-2016 10:47 AM

Yeah. Pre-requisites for entry are huge fucking go-nads and general sense of invincibility.

lachy294 15-02-2016 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;835609]This is why I think this a horrible venue for stuff like this.
It's only a matter of time before there's a big smash there. Curbs, concrete, buildings and lamp posts everywhere. Not for me chef.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there arent many other places that i know of that could hold an event like this. The course in my mind isnt that bad, id take it over going up the Zig Zags in Targa West and thats sitting in the same car. At the motorplex you have a small margin for error, Zig Zags you have either a rock, tree or a drop off..

dazdavies 15-02-2016 11:30 AM

Yeah I understand the not anywhere else thing but even so there are some areas there that are just plain dangerous. I'm amazed it has CAMS approval.

I went to watch the last one and I couldn't believe how close people were getting to the concrete barrier on the final 90 before the finish. I cringed every time.

The RAC one looks far more forgiving. It's a real shame that venue has an uncertain future.

XT43 15-02-2016 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;835609]
It's only a matter of time before there's a big smash there. Curbs, concrete, buildings and lamp posts everywhere. .[/QUOTE]

has already happened a few times!

Rollover
several shortenings of cars
many rims!

Jezza 15-02-2016 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=Bram;835608]Jezza you need to sort out some flood lights or light bar or something. That is bullshit with such low power and centralised headlight lights.[/QUOTE]

Yep, have a uni bar and some basic spotties at home, but I think a light bar would have the intensity and spread that I would prefer.

In my eyes, this event is not cheap and certainly not for beginners... It's a practice for targa conditions, and has a large element of risk when you start pushing. I think I'd want a cage and some better safety gear in the car if I was to compete in this sort of thing regularly... That's what I'm aiming for anyway!

Would love to see Jamie Lister's footage, if any... His times were a good 10-15 sec faster than mine!

lachy294 15-02-2016 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;835613]Yeah I understand the not anywhere else thing but even so there are some areas there that are just plain dangerous. I'm amazed it has CAMS approval.

I went to watch the last one and I couldn't believe how close people were getting to the concrete barrier on the final 90 before the finish. I cringed every time.

The RAC one looks far more forgiving. It's a real shame that venue has an uncertain future.[/QUOTE]

It runs on a knife edge of cams approval, when there is a big incident with a non-caged car it will be very hard for the approval to be renewed to the level that is currently runs at.

haha that is a fun corner to do, the right line through there and you get on the noise early and you can stay pretty clear of it even though you're close. Entry for the corner is critical though.

xr06t 15-02-2016 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;835609]This is why I think this a horrible venue for stuff like this.
It's only a matter of time before there's a big smash there. Curbs, concrete, buildings and lamp posts everywhere. Not for me chef.[/QUOTE]

I agree, especially when compared to RAC. i get queasy just watching the vids, but i still watch.

fatboy 15-02-2016 02:13 PM

Its a fucking rally sprint you poofs.... RALLY, as in passenger in the silly seat going past things that are going to cause damage if you make a mistake.... same as any fucking rally...

If you want big run offs and the ability to circle jerk after they pull you unharmed out of a sand trap then i think circuit racing is for you.... stay away from the real mans sport, or the sheer grit of the sand in your vagina's may induce death!

Now i can sit back, relax and wait for BLUES to chime in on how bad the concrete barriers are....

Fuck me, is it 2010 already?

Master D 15-02-2016 02:27 PM

Honestly, is everyone freaking out over this again.
I can't wait to see the argument between armco barriers vs concrete barriers again.

There is no pre-requisite to drive balls to the wall 10/10ths in this event. It is no worse than you doing your favourite stretch of road late at night. Difference is that you've paid to have fun and you've got a mate in the car both wearing helmets.

baylee 15-02-2016 03:18 PM

What kerbs?
;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeckle 15-02-2016 03:31 PM

Lachy mentioned the zig zags, there is also Kurandra on TSW, where really big trees are at the edge of a really narrow road.

This is a rally sprint, not a sprint. The body in the silly seat is there to provide notes, as per a rally.

Looks to me they may have seen a change in the road and thought they were closer to the end of the keyhole then they were.

Again, as per the road, drive to the conditions and your skill level.

Oh, you also get notes to the stage. Last 2 events Ive seen cars (on reece fortunately ) go the wrong way at the "shed" where you enter the strip/exit the return road and head towards/come from the gate.

Mick 15-02-2016 04:03 PM

WARNING MOTORSPORT CAN BE DANGEROUS
Despite the organizer taking all responsible precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen in respect of these, YOU are present at YOUR RISK.

If you don't want to play don't take the risk!:violent1:

dazdavies 15-02-2016 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=fatboy;835628]Its a fucking rally sprint you poofs.... RALLY, as in passenger in the silly seat going past things that are going to cause damage if you make a mistake.... same as any fucking rally...

If you want big run offs and the ability to circle jerk after they pull you unharmed out of a sand trap then i think circuit racing is for you.... stay away from the real mans sport, or the sheer grit of the sand in your vagina's may induce death!

Now i can sit back, relax and wait for BLUES to chime in on how bad the concrete barriers are....

Fuck me, is it 2010 already?[/QUOTE]

Oh Look somebody thinks he's Colin McRae. :rolleyes:

fatboy 15-02-2016 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=dazdavies;835636]Oh Look somebody thinks he's Colin McRae. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If your talking about me not giving a fuck about shunting a car whilst in Motorsport then yeah, I do think like him.... ( in fact I shunted one at the end of last year, didn't have a cry or whinge on the net I just got in with fixing it so it can happen again)

But since that's not what you were referring to I am just going to put you in the same catagorie as all the other vagina having poofs that have whinged about this event on here for the past 5 years....

You do realise you can drive as fast as the size of your wallet there right? If there's not much in your wallet drive at 7/10....

Then of course there is the other thing I hate mentioning, but I will anyway, if you don't like it then don't go.... Easy.....

amtrapid 15-02-2016 05:15 PM

I like the Event . is it risky yes . as risky as Targa or gravel No fucking way. Ive chosen to do a season of Sprint at RAC to get seat time before tackling Mcrae . Once Im happy with my setup I'm in . I have to say yeah getting seat time at RAC is good as its a little forgiving but half the course is boring as bat shit .

Having come from more a gravel background Id prefer to run at Mcrae and hit some barriers or a kerb rather then a tree at speed . As others have said drive to your ability and remember RAC is sprint style racing not Rally sprint . Buildings Trees and shit gets the blood flowing but jumping into any motorsport without safety and pushing past your ability its gunna end bad MMMMMKKAY.

Personally Id rather fuck up hit something and have myself to blame rather then have 20 odd other cars that can make may day shit on the track the same time as me like Barbs .

Saint_23 15-02-2016 05:23 PM

Tight and twisty with things to hit.
That's rallying.