Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   GC8 odometres - wind back? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/12325-gc8-odometres-wind-back.html)

Rex-io 14-05-2007 11:15 AM

on a trip to USA we hired a car and did almost an extra of 3000 miles, not wanting to pay ive undone the cable attached a little windscreen wiper motor to it and plugged it to the battery.....3000 miles sorted in about a minute :D thank you McGyver! LOL true story though

Mat 14-05-2007 03:28 PM

Also another good way to find out if you've just been scammed is when u fill out the transfer papers and it has less km's than it did last time.. Apparently they come down very hard on the seller.

Bazelinez 14-05-2007 03:57 PM

You can get the needles fixed by "Applied Instruments" in Balcatta.

As for the odo, I ask because I've seen a MY95 with 88K on the clock which seems real low for a 12 year old car.

Are there any inherant weaknesses with the MY95/96 that doesn't affect the later models?

cheers for the help, no nothing about rexes, only Nissans ;)

Bazelinez 14-05-2007 04:14 PM

Oh and you don't keep transfers anymore, both copies need to be sent in...

Smokey 14-05-2007 04:33 PM

[QUOTE=Bazelinez]You can get the needles fixed by "Applied Instruments" in Balcatta.

As for the odo, I ask because I've seen a MY95 with 88K on the clock which seems real low for a 12 year old car.

Are there any inherant weaknesses with the MY95/96 that doesn't affect the later models?

cheers for the help, no nothing about rexes, only Nissans ;)[/QUOTE]

power steering pumps / reservior
bunky coils
wheel bearings gettin on a bit

Shortster 14-05-2007 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=Bazelinez]You can get the needles fixed by "Applied Instruments" in Balcatta.

cheers for the help, no nothing about rexes, only Nissans ;)[/QUOTE]

Mine is 96 and only had 85k on the clock when I got it...

Bazelinez 14-05-2007 07:41 PM

cool, nothing out the ordinary then, just typical older car stuff.

WRC 22B 15-05-2007 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=wrx_diamond]cant you just unplug the 3 white switches from behind the dash! you wouldnt have any lights or gauges but still its saving it from racking up,! Its pointless anyway unless you want to fraud the system! fuck that, sell your car with its proper kms! Some of my needles dont work too! does anyone know where i can get em fixed???[/QUOTE]

Not sure if these guys can but I'd try AISAT (VDO) in Welshpool... not sure if this is their correct spelling but you can try googling it :D

Darken 15-05-2007 08:38 AM

I guess your looking at the Red MY99 WRX in the Sunday Times with 39,000kms on the clock & FSH. Only chasing $24, 500 aswell.
Bargain!!! Buy, Buy, Buy!!! :)

[QUOTE=Bazelinez]Hi guys,

looking at maybe buying a GC8, have heard from a couple of people that there is a plug on the gearbox that is easily pulled to stop the Ks from registering on the odo.

is this true? are these people full of shit?

cheers![/QUOTE]

wrx_diamond 15-05-2007 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=WRC 22B]Not sure if these guys can but I'd try AISAT (VDO) in Welshpool... not sure if this is their correct spelling but you can try googling it :D[/QUOTE]

haha omg! didnt realize i work pretty much across the road from them! haha ill give them a call now