Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Need help!!! Air bag light staying on.... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/1255-need-help-air-bag-light-staying.html)

superman 08-09-2005 04:58 PM

Need help!!! Air bag light staying on....

hi every -one, does any one know how to reset the computer with out taken it to subaru? i had a battery installed (heavy duty battery) after getting the new battery installed to air bag light stays on.. has any one had the same problem before, need some advise....

Chad 241WRC 08-09-2005 05:08 PM

Try disconecting the battery again, but leave it disconected for 10-15 mins...... this resets the ECU ..........

.......... If problem persists please see a doctor.....

Chad

tuna 08-09-2005 08:22 PM

it could also mean the airbag units are faulty, it [i]is[/i] the purpose of the air-bag light ;)

superman 09-09-2005 02:43 AM

Tryed to disconnect battery for 20 mins, still stays on..Never had a problem to i change my battery, which has nothing to do with the air bag...I rang the subaru dealership and they said bring in and we will hook up to the consult to see what codes are showing. ask to see how much got quote of $145. i think its a bit too much to check codes. must be a easy way to clear the codes with out using this consult.does any one a any diagrams of the air bag set up? locations of the sensor's and airbag unit? relays ect ect.. any help will be great...

tuna 09-09-2005 07:55 AM

crikey u dont want much do ya. :mad:

air bag sensors are under the wheelarches infront of the wheels, they have yellow conduit going to them, the airbag computer is located under the radio against the transmission tunnel, it has yellow connectors and yellow conduit also, the yellow conduit runs under the steering support beam and exits out the rubber boots into the wheel arches either side, the airbag computer sources its power from a loom down near the kick panel drivers side footwell.

cincau 09-09-2005 08:06 AM

i got my airbag light on when i got my interior trimmed. it was a hassle as everytime when i drive the lights just stays on. So i bring it to melville subaru and was not happy with their service and tried City subaru instead. they told me was the airbad module that is faulty. Someone cause it to short circuit thats causes it which subaru does not want to cover. city suabru quote me cost to 2k to replace it. when to someplace and get it only for $600 and once plug in, the airbag light is off.. what a relief

pmh 09-09-2005 08:10 AM

[QUOTE=superman]Tryed to disconnect battery for 20 mins, still stays on..Never had a problem to i change my battery, which has nothing to do with the air bag...I rang the subaru dealership and they said bring in and we will hook up to the consult to see what codes are showing. ask to see how much got quote of $145. i think its a bit too much to check codes. must be a easy way to clear the codes with out using this consult.does any one a any diagrams of the air bag set up? locations of the sensor's and airbag unit? relays ect ect.. any help will be great...[/QUOTE]

$145 for a peace of mind when you need the airbag to actually work when you have a prang is bugger all mate

Fozzy 09-09-2005 09:52 AM

I love it when people that have no clue play with their own airbag systems lol nothing like blowing them out your self and having to fork out 2k for new ones

Intra 09-09-2005 10:48 AM

Better yet, having it blow up in your face at point blank range trying to fix it yourself... Didn't a few car stereo installers die from air bag related deaths?

$145 buxs really aint that much to fork out in the grand scheme of things. Better to have airbags incase you have an accident!

Rexilla 09-09-2005 11:36 AM

I would spend $1k or more on a CF bonnet anyday cause it looks cool, but $145 on a airbag? pffft......... who needs a airbag??!!