Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 04:58 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

superman at standard level
Default Need help!!! Air bag light staying on....

hi every -one, does any one know how to reset the computer with out taken it to subaru? i had a battery installed (heavy duty battery) after getting the new battery installed to air bag light stays on.. has any one had the same problem before, need some advise....
Old 08-09-2005, 05:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chad 241WRC at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Chad 241WRC

Try disconecting the battery again, but leave it disconected for 10-15 mins...... this resets the ECU ..........

.......... If problem persists please see a doctor.....

Chad
Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

it could also mean the airbag units are faulty, it is the purpose of the air-bag light

Long live the WRC
Old 09-09-2005, 02:43 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

superman at standard level

Tryed to disconnect battery for 20 mins, still stays on..Never had a problem to i change my battery, which has nothing to do with the air bag...I rang the subaru dealership and they said bring in and we will hook up to the consult to see what codes are showing. ask to see how much got quote of $145. i think its a bit too much to check codes. must be a easy way to clear the codes with out using this consult.does any one a any diagrams of the air bag set up? locations of the sensor's and airbag unit? relays ect ect.. any help will be great...
Old 09-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

crikey u dont want much do ya.

air bag sensors are under the wheelarches infront of the wheels, they have yellow conduit going to them, the airbag computer is located under the radio against the transmission tunnel, it has yellow connectors and yellow conduit also, the yellow conduit runs under the steering support beam and exits out the rubber boots into the wheel arches either side, the airbag computer sources its power from a loom down near the kick panel drivers side footwell.

Long live the WRC
Old 09-09-2005, 08:06 AM
cincau

i got my airbag light on when i got my interior trimmed. it was a hassle as everytime when i drive the lights just stays on. So i bring it to melville subaru and was not happy with their service and tried City subaru instead. they told me was the airbad module that is faulty. Someone cause it to short circuit thats causes it which subaru does not want to cover. city suabru quote me cost to 2k to replace it. when to someplace and get it only for $600 and once plug in, the airbag light is off.. what a relief
Old 09-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman
Tryed to disconnect battery for 20 mins, still stays on..Never had a problem to i change my battery, which has nothing to do with the air bag...I rang the subaru dealership and they said bring in and we will hook up to the consult to see what codes are showing. ask to see how much got quote of $145. i think its a bit too much to check codes. must be a easy way to clear the codes with out using this consult.does any one a any diagrams of the air bag set up? locations of the sensor's and airbag unit? relays ect ect.. any help will be great...
$145 for a peace of mind when you need the airbag to actually work when you have a prang is bugger all mate
Old 09-09-2005, 09:52 AM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

I love it when people that have no clue play with their own airbag systems lol nothing like blowing them out your self and having to fork out 2k for new ones
Old 09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Better yet, having it blow up in your face at point blank range trying to fix it yourself... Didn't a few car stereo installers die from air bag related deaths?

$145 buxs really aint that much to fork out in the grand scheme of things. Better to have airbags incase you have an accident!

Last edited by Intra; 09-09-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Sir AntiLag

Rexilla at standard level

I would spend $1k or more on a CF bonnet anyday cause it looks cool, but $145 on a airbag? pffft......... who needs a airbag??!!

Tags
air, bag, light, staying