Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

impreza_GT at standard level
Default Plumback Hose connection Difficulty....please help!

As some of you may now i recently went about installing a 01-06 giant TMIC in my gc8. Most of the installation required some sought of modification to parts etc.

Now the final bit is causing the most problems. THis is the connection of the plumback hose from the BOV to the engine. I know the easy solution is to get a full atmopheric, but not really to keen in going down this path as i dont want to be hasseled by the boys in blue and if i am will have to sought this problem out anyways...

so...my problem is that with this cooler i had to source a 01-06 stock BOV, which i did (pic below).

Th is very little room between the BOV outlet and the engine outlet to manouvere a hose without Kinking it. I have managed to connect a hose but it was kinked to the max and the car woul not run smooth, it ran really quite badly...This is the room more or less i have to work with...

Its is quite tight to demonstrate how tight....this pic shows just how tight!

Me and my team (dad) have thought hard about how to do it and have thought that maybe the best way is with some 90 degree steel bend to help create the desired shape with the hose. The shape of the hose NEEDS to be something along the line of...

1...represents the start of the Hose. the BOV.
2...Is where we plan a 90 degree bend, with one end pointing at the BOV and the other in the direction of the other connection.
The hose will need to travel under the TMIC as it is only space with enough room.
3...represents an area where there is some soom and it is here that with some more 90 degree bends i plan on doing the 180 degree turn with the hose so it faces the other connection and then hopefully fingers crossed, simply connect to number 4.
4...represents the end...The engine connection bit.

I have spoken to some guys at PIRTEK, they sent me somewhere else...not much help .
Had a mate of Dads from ENZED come past today he said he couldnt help.

So yeah once i source these 90 degree elbows i am i need of, will give it another crack....

Can anyone reccomend me an alternative method for connecting the hose...i DONT want to go Atmo unless i absolutely have to!!!

Open to all suggestions guys...

Thanks John!!!

BTW: This is the cooler in the GC8 engine bay....big MOFO!!

thanks guys

Tags
connection, difficultyplease, hose, plumback