Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   ordered a turbo from the states.. experiences? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/15240-ordered-turbo-states-experiences.html)

madmax 20-09-2007 10:13 PM

ordered a turbo from the states.. experiences?

went through all the usual channels, then decided on ordering from the good 'ol US of A.

Getting to almost a week later and the guy hasn't even sent it off yet. Probably first and last time I order from deadbolt enterprises. Anyone have any positive/negative experiences when ordering from over there?

joshg123 20-09-2007 10:18 PM

Read : Drop shipper.

You will find he wont post it for a while, usual story with smaller ebay style shops.

Ive never had a problem buying things from USA, just gotta email them personally first, get the vibe so to speak, speak to other people that have bought from them before. ect ect

Josh

97RA 20-09-2007 10:23 PM

I have dealt with JB Performance ([url]www.jbperformanceusa.com[/url]) and had great pricing, service and delivery. Couldn't ask for better.

vyper 20-09-2007 10:33 PM

FP are the worst people to deal with post sale.

You will get your quote and invoice within 2 days. Good luck seeing the turbo for the next two months.

madmax 21-09-2007 09:27 AM

haha, yeh i did read about fp... i was debating getting the green direct from the states but after reading a few different forums, decided against it.

in regards to my issue.. after i posted in his vendor thread, he emailed me MANY times, replied to me on the forum, gave me all the details, his life story and a million apologies and the item is sent.

Now, just gotta wait for it to come through.

vyper 21-09-2007 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=madmax]haha, yeh i did read about fp... i was debating getting the green direct from the states but after reading a few different forums, decided against it.

in regards to my issue.. after i posted in his vendor thread, he emailed me MANY times, replied to me on the forum, gave me all the details, his life story and a million apologies and the item is sent.

Now, just gotta wait for it to come through.[/QUOTE]

Troy @ PSR ([url]www.prospeedracing.com.au[/url]) has an FPG in stock atm I believe. PM T-Rexx or email/call him - Details on website.

TUNEDWRX 21-09-2007 05:25 PM

I highly recommend dealing with prospeedracing.com.au

IMPRESHER 21-09-2007 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=vyper]Troy @ PSR ([url]www.prospeedracing.com.au[/url]) has an FPG in stock atm I believe. PM T-Rexx or email/call him - Details on website.[/QUOTE]

Last 2 - 1 for me and leaves 1 and thats taken or under offer ...

madmax 21-09-2007 06:13 PM

i debated the green, but quite a few guys over east are running them... and noone had anything good to say about their customer service, so i went to a new option.

with the one i bought, i get free rebuilds for life.. sure, it'll cost me around $120 to get it delivered to and fro, but it's still a terrific bonus considering what i ended up picking it up for anyway...
from the reading i've done, it'll produce quite a bit more power than the green too, but we'll see if that's true.. gotta run the engine in, then open it up after 5000 clicks - which will take a little while.

maddog 22-09-2007 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=madmax]went through all the usual channels, then decided on ordering from the good 'ol US of A.

Getting to almost a week later and the guy hasn't even sent it off yet. Probably first and last time I order from deadbolt enterprises. Anyone have any positive/negative experiences when ordering from over there?[/QUOTE]
You should not have any problems dealing with Jerry. Deadbolt are well respected albeit a bit slow off the mark sending things. My Deadbolt "Monster TD04" Hiflowed Ceramic Coated with Monster Wastegate TD04 Housings arrived in good time with a free overhaul kit to boot. Jerry was very helpful and knowledgeable with any technical questions as well. That little Monster is still punching a 12.8 qtr mile. :D Relax it will arrive.

Love the way people who have never dealt with Deadbolt wade in to dish the shit. Yeah small ebay shop...[URL=http://www.boostplanet.com/]Deadbolt Enterprises[/URL]

madmax 23-09-2007 10:16 AM

yeh, so true mate...

jerry has followed up and apologised many times this week for not getting my turbo out in time. It was quite disappointing to begin with, but in time i am still happy with my decision to get it off of him.

Now the wait.. We'll see how long it takes from the US through to WA.

WRXTASY 23-09-2007 10:30 AM

Air Mail will be about 4 to 6 days :)

maddog 23-09-2007 06:11 PM

funny how everything ordered from the states ends up costing $99 :thumbsup:

madmax 23-09-2007 10:34 PM

haha so true

i'll check the actual charge when it gets here.. not that i mind paying 99 bucks.

urabus 24-09-2007 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=madmax]
Now the wait.. We'll see how long it takes from the US through to WA.[/QUOTE]

As a guide I ordered a set of golf clubs from the states the other day air freight and that took 11 days from when it was posted to when it rocked up.

Brendon

madmax 24-09-2007 07:45 AM

what sort of clubs? better value buying it from there?

i've got to pick up some clubs in the coming weeks [peer pressure from friends, since i'm the only one who doesn't play]

excellent post... lol
11 days, i'm happy with that

DarkMoose 24-09-2007 12:33 PM

Heh, with kato bout to break into the 12s with a stock standard td04 i think you better up your boost son :)
[QUOTE=maddog]You should not have any problems dealing with Jerry. Deadbolt are well respected albeit a bit slow off the mark sending things. My Deadbolt "Monster TD04" Hiflowed Ceramic Coated with Monster Wastegate TD04 Housings arrived in good time with a free overhaul kit to boot. Jerry was very helpful and knowledgeable with any technical questions as well. That little Monster is still punching a 12.8 qtr mile. :D Relax it will arrive.

Love the way people who have never dealt with Deadbolt wade in to dish the shit. Yeah small ebay shop...[URL=http://www.boostplanet.com/]Deadbolt Enterprises[/URL][/QUOTE]

urabus 24-09-2007 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=madmax]what sort of clubs? better value buying it from there?

i've got to pick up some clubs in the coming weeks [peer pressure from friends, since i'm the only one who doesn't play]

excellent post... lol
11 days, i'm happy with that[/QUOTE]

Golf clubs are heaps cheaper in the states. Depends what you want.

Golf shops dont make much money out of the latest model taylor made drivers etc. They make shit loads on the no name generic sets with bag and buggy / putter etc for $500. Dont buy golf bags from the states cause they cost too much to ship.

A mate bought a set from this website and swears by it. I have not used it though.

[url]http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/[/url]

They sell a lot of 'last seasons' stuff which is great is your not planning on being the next big thing.

Brendon

Hijack off

madmax 24-09-2007 10:09 PM

thanks mate, heading to that link.. don't know what i'm looking for there, so i'll send it through to some friends

no updates as of yet from usps, i hope that doesn't mean it's still sitting there..

need to pick up a new front mount [one to fit in without cutting the ra] and injectors, i just can't see me getting the power i want without that.

madmax 25-09-2007 09:00 PM

Just to give people an update about ordering from the states :
Here are the transit details :

Out of Foreign Customs, September 25, 2007, 10:42 am, AUSTRALIA
Bullet Into Foreign Customs, September 25, 2007, 8:26 am, AUSTRALIA
Bullet Arrived Abroad, September 25, 2007, 8:26 am, AUSTRALIA
Bullet Acceptance, September 19, 2007, 3:26 pm, MARSHALL, NC 28753

T-REXX 01-10-2007 06:53 AM

ive dealt with FP and i will never again.. SLOW and useless

i got a FP GREEN IN STOCK if anyone wants one.. ill do them a super price..FP only allow UPS to send it and that is $275.. send it via EMS its $99 but they refuse to do that.. i deal with BLOUCH turbos and tehy are very good and quick.. and get turbos useally to me with in a week

Highly rec Blouch of FPs.. and they can get u the identical turbos to for less $$$$$$

IMPRESHER 01-10-2007 06:55 AM

JAY pick it up while its availible you will regret it if you dont..

madmax 01-10-2007 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=T-REXX]ive dealt with FP and i will never again.. SLOW and useless

i got a FP GREEN IN STOCK if anyone wants one.. ill do them a super price..FP only allow UPS to send it and that is $275.. send it via EMS its $99 but they refuse to do that.. i deal with BLOUCH turbos and tehy are very good and quick.. and get turbos useally to me with in a week

Highly rec Blouch of FPs.. and they can get u the identical turbos to for less $$$$$$[/QUOTE]

you should've written that to me when i pm'ed you.. i prolly would've gone the fp green [even though i far prefer the sz49 right now] if you hadn't told me $2299.

IMPRESHER 01-10-2007 09:36 AM

He didnt but i did Slav same thing to Jay and others and its still on .

T-REXX 01-10-2007 09:55 AM

MADMAX, i did PM u.... but never gota responce... so i didnt chanse it up.. i get probably 10 emails a week on Turbos alone and lucky to get 1 sales.. ill email all back EVERYTIME but if people dont reply i cant do anything..Benny emailed me and he got a bargain and he appareltly told a heap of people that if he got 2 people i would give the FP GREEN for $2100 incl GST... cheaper then what u can get it for from FP.. FP would charge u $275 del plus u WILL GET HIT with Duties and GST as they refuse to change invoice to lower amount like alot of people useally do when ordering overseas

madmax 01-10-2007 10:27 AM

benny - i emailed as soon as you told me that, but unfortunately got told 2299.. prolly should've just pm'ed again, but didn't really want to waste his time.

t-rexx - yep, i can understand there mate.. the internet is a crazy place for 14 billion people saying that they will buy something and then backing out of it.

BALISTC 01-10-2007 10:31 AM

The general consensus is, FP are fucking shite with their communication if you buy direct, especially email. Most NASIOC guys have better luck buying FP turbos from vendors rather than FP direct.

I found it easiest to ring them rather than email them, and after a couple of phone calls I'd sorted it out and I received the turbo within a month of the order.

Well worth it IMHO :)

IMPRESHER 01-10-2007 10:49 AM

^^^ Cant Wait :rolleyes:

madmax 01-10-2007 11:07 AM

within a month? holy crap.. i was concerned when i didn't receive my 49 within a week. USPS delivered it to my door within 9 days from north carolina though, pretty damn happy with that.

benny, i thought you'd received yours already? or you just waiting to fit it?

IMPRESHER 01-10-2007 11:22 AM

Yeah was arrived on friday to perth and they said that it would be at my door at 4 , called up later and had a different answer.

If i had it then i would be driving it today to scabz .

TNT eat a dick.

T-REXX 01-10-2007 04:20 PM

well if anyone wants a FP i still have one.....
Mention Benny and ill give ua ripper deal

TRoy

BALISTC 01-10-2007 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=madmax]within a month? holy crap.. i was concerned when i didn't receive my 49 within a week. USPS delivered it to my door within 9 days from north carolina though, pretty damn happy with that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the TD06 wasn't in stock, they had to build it and then deliver it.

I thought a month was reasonable for that.

madmax 01-10-2007 04:27 PM

yeh true there mate.. 4 week turnaround time for that wouldn't be bad.

and that reminds me, no way will my stock injectors be enough for the current setup..

need to see if i can get some injectors, new or second hand from someone asap for the gc8

Elrico 01-10-2007 05:00 PM

See Deatchwerk injectors website. Google them cause i cant remember the website but they do GC8 650cc Sidefeeds which is what i have at the moment. Seeing as they are side feed i dont believe you can decap them however i think MY00 GC8's are 440cc? Takes about a week to get them to your doorstep for about $450 or sumthing i think (was a while back)

madmax 01-10-2007 05:14 PM

thanks mate, googled it.. found quite a lot of them on sale.

also found the 660c from the US for 360 delivered to my door.

Avalanche 04-11-2010 04:43 PM

hi guys this is not from america but still an overseas question. have any of you dealt with RDJjapan?

[url]http://www.rhdjapan.com[/url]

JDM_STYLE 04-11-2010 04:48 PM

RHDJapan are TOPS! :D

Avalanche 04-11-2010 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;508441]RHDJapan are TOPS! :D[/QUOTE]

cool thanks, how long did it take for you to recieve the goods?

Bob 04-11-2010 05:36 PM

I've also used RHDJapan. Parts arrived pretty quick. Within the fortnight for a no stocked part was pretty decent I thought. Communication is great too. Just make sure you check around for prices. Some gear can be on the overpriced side depending on what it is.

Avalanche 04-11-2010 05:43 PM

compared to other places the price seems reasonable, i will do a bit more searching but from the good comments might go with them. thanks guys