Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-02-2008, 12:00 AM
STI Master

JA50N at standard level
Default Water Pump

Well, sorry about the new thread but I said car was fine with the new radiator so no one will read it...

I put the new radiator in today, had it running fine, but then just before it overheated again.

Once again, straight to the overflow bottle, and steaming it's nads off.

I've put new radiator, new hoses, new coolant, and new thermostat (although there was a small leak from the housing, I couldn't tighten it tonight). Could this cause it to lose a bit of fluid?

Now, the question is, could my water pump be fucked? Whilst driving, I put the heater on and it's cold air. The car is due for a service (100,000) so I guess the water pump could be dead. Anyone got any thoughts?

Whilst it was full (after installing the new radiator and running the coolant in), it was boosting fine and driving 100% normal. Somewhere along the line, I don't think the coolant is reaching the engine causing it to boil and go to the overflow. Both top and bottom radiator hoses are hot, as is the radiator and the thermo's come on.

Should I run a flush through to see if there's a blockage somewhere? Going to take it up to Tenagh in the morning. Any idea's would be sweet.

PS. Don't say head gasket

www.racetorque.com.au
www.anytimetowing.com.au

Tags
pump, water