Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Noisy Struts (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/19429-noisy-struts.html)

ImPreSiV 28-04-2008 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=Thodd]HSD's would be the go Kym.

Although with the offset of the 02 STI rims, they can only go so low before they rub on the strut.[/QUOTE]

yeah Joe said that was a problem with the HSD's and the 02sti offset. But then again, my car isnt that low really (not sure how low it is compared to yours, or how low yours could go, if its not at its lowest)

So, if Kato sell's up, are his strut's non inverted and fit an 02sti. I don't wanna dick around with the shit i did last time, when i was told that my03sti strut's would fit into my 02 sti (inverted vs non inverted)

Luca, Ludwig is thick skinned, he knows i was being sarcastic. I know he knows his stuff (googles) so i take anything he says on board ;)

BN01 28-04-2008 02:32 PM

From my observations at REXPO, i'd suggest Thodds car is slightly lower than yours Kym.

Mister Two 28-04-2008 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=vyper]Misread obviously - He's only trying to help mate.[/QUOTE]

My fault. I often just skim through threads and miss the occasional bit of info.

Kato's rear struts will go into your car Kym, but I think you'll need to use your current springs and top hats. I don't remember if the strut top bolt pattern is the same between Peanut and bugeye. The peanuts onwards use a tapered rear spring and different top hat design. If you do use Kato's gear you'd better off using the whole lot front and rear because the Arai stuff has different adjustable dampening rates and you'll want to keep the car balanced. And then selling whatever is left over from your current setup.

vyper 28-04-2008 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]
Luca, Ludwig is thick skinned, he knows i was being sarcastic. I know he knows his stuff (googles) so i take anything he says on board ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not thick in all areas, but how bout some man <3 ? :D

Kato 28-04-2008 02:40 PM

My struts aint cheap :D But they are better than stockies...

Chrus 28-04-2008 03:07 PM

turn the doof doof up kym, that will lesser the creaking noise in your struts... :D

ps: if you need replacements, i have a set in the garage...not free mind you :p

ImPreSiV 28-04-2008 03:31 PM

chrus, strut's in good nick??? might hit u up for them... PM me ur price.

nauli 29-04-2008 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=waxdass]teflon spray or WD40, just spray it on the strut where the rubber /plastic protector is..

fixes the problem for a few months at least...[/QUOTE]
Do NOT spray WD40 (or similar) on them...

Intra 29-04-2008 08:23 AM

If you are going to get the job done right..

a) send it back to the factory to be revalved and serviced.
b) get a set of spec C struts and sti lowering springs
c) go your HSD coilover solution
d) go a set of GDB STI struts ( i think i have a set hangin around )

BALISTC 29-04-2008 08:30 AM

Kym, you've already spent the dollars on Whiteline springs...so unless you want the height adjustability, go with a nice set of struts. You can even get Koni inserts if you want to, or KYB AGX's, or those STi Arai struts if John is willing to sell.

If you wanna go dumped, get the HSD's.