Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   external gate and screamer (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/19486-external-gate-screamer.html)

Thodd 01-05-2008 05:01 PM

I'm running external gate on my Trust/Greddy TD06-20g with screamer pipe.
Came with the kit.

flashrs 01-05-2008 05:09 PM

screeeeeamer pipes are fu-kin noisey, i know, but not for long though....

trainwrex 01-05-2008 05:19 PM

hmm i dont really see the need of an external gate for a smallish bolt on turbo..

Yes u may get better boost control but its minimal unless ur pushing over 1.5 bar of boost..

No point wasting ur money imo unless u put on a large turbo...

And yes im running an external gate on my GT40R...

Yeah 02-05-2008 02:17 AM

U can do a plumb back from ur external gate to ur exhaust
anytime u wan if u feel noisy and get annoy of it.

As what trainwrexx said is true, bolt on turbo dont really need
an external gate only if u really wan the sounds badly!! :D

As my T67 with external gate plus the scremer, it does sounds
like an animal!! :)

POLARBEAR666 02-05-2008 11:03 AM

I have external gate and it improved the top end of the car because you go from having 3inch exhaust to 3inch plus 2inch open at the same time. Also the boost control you get from external gate is wayyyyyy more smooth than an internal gate at higher boost levels because they cant bleed off enough air to stop overboosts when coming out of 1st and 2nd at high load.

The only people who will tell you that internal works even at high hp outputs are the guys running so much boost that their gate almost never has to open. I mean really, if you are running 2bar then of course internal gate works cause its hardly regulating anything your just running the turbo flat out.

I wouldn't fit an external gate without having an external gate turbo as the cost of doing it is too great and you don't benefit from an external gate turbo's better turbine housing shape.

One last thing on the cop bait. I find with screamer I am much happier to have a super quiet exhaust because if I want to have noise the screamer provides it at high revs. If you want silence you can just cruise quietly with quiet exhaust and only people who hear the car at high revs will know its a beast.

waxdass 02-05-2008 01:47 PM

talking about cop bait - means ur gonna have to drive past cops on boost for them to turn a eye.

doubt thats gonna happen.

vyper 02-05-2008 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=waxdass]talking about cop bait - means ur gonna have to drive past cops on boost for them to turn a eye.

doubt thats gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

It has happened in the past.

Elrico 02-05-2008 06:54 PM

There is always a cop lurking just at those set of traffic lights adjacent to you. Pretty much beware where and how you drive. Simular crap with atmos BOV's.
If your car is going to ommit 'Sonic Booms' like Gyle off street fighter, be prepared when you get pulled over.

POLARBEAR666 02-05-2008 08:02 PM

I find the screamer almost falls into the Harley davidson category ie they like the sound so much they dont bother giving you shit about it.

JA50N 02-05-2008 09:42 PM

My new Trust TD06-20G kit come with Gate. So I'll be running Gate/Screamer! Do it!!!