Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT
You dont have an o2 sensor? I thought MAP tuning only took out the AFM. Not the o2 sensor.

hmmm yeah.. it could be that then??
Old 14-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

With the amount of heat generated from your setup i would say it might be. They cheap as so just give it ago!

http://kap.industries/
Old 14-07-2008, 05:32 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rexsta at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
thats some wierd shit.. This is exactly happening to me also...

Do u have a brant?? Ive been told its the fuel pump but not sure why it would cause lumpy idle??

I dont have an O2 sensor running MAP tune. So it shouldnt be that.

It always seems to happen when i start the car go off somewhere. Then jump back in the car 5 mins later or 5 hrs later. The car will prime then Konk out. Then it wont prime for 5-10 turns of the key, then start and i take off only for it to konk out again..

Also i get the pedal thing as u do also.. Sometimes it will come back or the car will stall.

serious same problem. thats weird. alarm system is aftermarket. it has a cyclops system in it. my fuel pump is new, well when i say new it has only been in the car the last 6 months or so. ive had it up on the laptop and we have checked everything and all sensors seem to be functioning all okay with no irregular increases or decreases. mechanic has said engine and sensors are all 100% fine.

so its leading me to the alarm system. a faulty module causing it to cut out completly randomly is my guess. and as for the dead pedal while driving..... im guessing the immobiliser is faulty and cutting in and out while driving??? cars are frustrating thats for sure!!

Last edited by rexsta; 14-07-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 14-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

redlib at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexsta
okay guys. well........

went to go to work the other morning and it started but with a very lumpy idle. like rotational idle. not normal considering its all standard except exhuast. anyway i thought ide limp it to my work which is in malaga but it cut out at the first corner. i then tryed to start it and it cilcked over then would go lumpy then cut out. this happened about 20times. i gave up and pushed it back home. got it towed that arvo to workshop. went for a drive with the mechainc in the car and it did not miss a beat. it was perfect. typical not to play up in front of mechanic. so the problem is very tempremental Anyway it was there for a week and it played up twice. we put it down to a loose ignition wire behind the dash. the connection and wires got fixed up.

that was 2 weeks ago. since i got the car back from the mechanics it hasnt missed a beat until today!!! went to start it and it was fine. after idleing for approx 1 minute it just died. i then tried to drive it off the driveway and idle went all lumpy again and it was trying to cut out (lumpy idle). as i came to a stop it cut out. went out then came back and went to drive it home. on the way home doing about 70km/h the pedal went dead then all of a sudden the pedal came back and it was fine.

Now its really frustrating. nothing worse than having this problem and not knowing what it is. any ideas on what to do next? im leaning towards getting a new alarm. when starting the car the locks open and shut about 3 times so its making me think that the alarm is faulty?

any help is muchly appreciated .
thanks guys

Aj

LOL sounds like your alarm is the problem and maybe condensation in the leads. thats the only thing i can think of that could make it have rough idle then be fine after a while, just to be sure spray some WD-40 around your leads and the disturbutor cap and coil. (mechanics Trick ). i have had cars come in with the door locks locking then unlocking real quick was quiet funny when i first saw it happen, and that was due to the alarm/imboliser. so get those things checked out first.
Old 15-07-2008, 04:19 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rexsta at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlib
LOL sounds like your alarm is the problem and maybe condensation in the leads. thats the only thing i can think of that could make it have rough idle then be fine after a while, just to be sure spray some WD-40 around your leads and the disturbutor cap and coil. (mechanics Trick ). i have had cars come in with the door locks locking then unlocking real quick was quiet funny when i first saw it happen, and that was due to the alarm/imboliser. so get those things checked out first.
okay thanks mate. yeah i was leaning towards alarm aswell. Im going to get a new alarm this week probably and hopefully it will fix it. if it dosnt fix it i would of just wasted alot of money!
Old 18-07-2008, 08:39 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rexsta at standard level

okay so got the car looked at this arvo and turns out it had a poorly wiredup alarm system and a faulty bonnet alarm sensor. getting it re-wired and fixed next week. also the boost gauge was wired up to the central locking hense my door locks playing havoc when i started the car.

Tags
cutting, engine, round