Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

DVSLYQUIK at standard level
Default OK been doing little research and this what i come up with.....

OK this is what im planning but would like opinions and suggestions, but no stupid picture comments please. thanks.

After going throught the thread on workshops and looking at all there sites, iv decided i like "RMS Service Centre" and will be using them for the work i want done.

1. As for exhaust im thinking a XForce systems, as follows :

Dump-pipe (WRX / STi, Forester GT/XT)
Material Option 1:304 grade stainless steel, Highly Polished, Mirror Finish;
Pipe Size Options 1: 3” , most common used pipe size suitable for most common modification set-up.

Turbo Back System (WRX/STi)
3" bell mouth style dump-pipe;
3" hi-flow racing cat;
3" middle section with hot-dog style resonator;
Straight out cannon muffler: 4.5" tip,7" barrel,muffler sitting in straight out position;

Turbo Manifold
??? any ideas ?

2. Retune, thinking about a piggy back as easier to get of incase i need to do anything with NCW, been told its easier..

ECU/Retuning : Link G3.......

3. Fuel Pump
I dont know what i should do here any ideas ?

4. Whiteline Strut Braces, sway bars, and some nolethane bushes

5. Electric Boost Controller

cheers for any input anyone can give me im still trying to learn all this turbo stuff lol
Old 22-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

1. Search. This has all been answered over 9000 times before.

That said, do not get a piggy back ECU. A Link G3 is a full replacement ECU which is good. Other options are Autronics and Motec as aftermarket replacement ECU's. The best bang for buck option is a Verso re-tune of the stock ECU (other option is ECUTek).

Also, you play - you pay. Don't expect much warranty work when you have exhaust, aftermarket ECU and a boost controller. Subaru will only cover warranty on those parts not effected by modifications.
Old 22-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

search... i would classify this as another exhaust thread
Old 22-09-2008, 08:29 AM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
1. Search. This has all been answered over 9000 times before.

That said, do not get a piggy back ECU. A Link G3 is a full replacement ECU which is good. Other options are Autronics and Motec as aftermarket replacement ECU's. The best bang for buck option is a Verso re-tune of the stock ECU (other option is ECUTek).

Also, you play - you pay. Don't expect much warranty work when you have exhaust, aftermarket ECU and a boost controller. Subaru will only cover warranty on those parts not effected by modifications.
I can't understand how people expect a warranty to continue after modding? The day I put any mods up I called holden and said I would not be continuing my warranty. It brakes I will have to deal with it.

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."
Old 22-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Do a search for every single one of the things you've listed, its been done hundreds of times and you can get great info by reading up as much as you can. If you're still stuck, then ask the question

Here are my quick suggestions though.

1. Dump pipe comes with turbo back exhaust, not sure if thats what you were implying or whether you were going to buy a dump pipe and a turbo back separate.

2. You don't really need a turbo manifold with such mild engine mods.

3. Same goes for fuel pump, no need to change it (your car is pretty new anyway, the pump will be fresh) if you're not upgrading turbo or injectors.

4. You don't need a boost controller if you're running a full ECU.

Last edited by BALISTC; 22-09-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 22-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

all those mods will void your NCW, well as far as any engine or driveline claims go

go for an ecu reflash, the only reason i have a piggy back computer (unichip) is that i currently can't get a verso done, if you can for your model i'd go for that (piggyback ecu's only trick the stock ecu to dump more fuel in & raise boost levels - much safer with an ecu re-flash)

don't waste your time with a s/s dump if you only want s/s because it looks pretty, the shineyness will dissappear as soon as you give it a blast leaving you with bluish/brownish/yellowish dump pipe

maybe get a wlabro fuel pump, but not really neccessary for stock turbo & injectors on such a new car

whiteline swaybars will give your more bang for buck than strut braces, don't forget end links too

forgoet the electronic boost controller, you won't need with a reflash
Old 22-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

DVSLYQUIK at standard level
Default Well Ken from RMS has gotten back to me.

He has suggestest to not go XForce as they are from china and have a common problem with not fitting well..... So he has suggested his in house exhaust : It is 3in Mandrelbent with a splitter in the dump pipe, Magnaflow muffler which gives a nice note but does not drone like a lot of the others.... which will cost turbo back is $1955 including a new genuine Turbogasket (supplied and fitted)

he can also fit a up pipe for extra 550$ supplied and fitted ?

As for the ECU and electric boost controller he said to supply fit and tune its 3300$ for the Link G3

Fuel pump he has suggested the Bosch 910 pump which i have heard is a decent pump (will probably also upgrade injectors, just so there done) 395$ spprox supplied and fitted.....

i know i can get info on these things on the forums but what does everyone think of these prices ?
Old 22-09-2008, 10:14 AM