Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Power Loss (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/23633-power-loss.html)

Serbaru 04-12-2008 08:54 PM

Power Loss

Hey guys...

just asking a quick question about the power loss im experiencing...the car was running sweet as a few weeks ago after my service now its running horrible like i cant even feel any pull and seems to be losing alot of power and not moving anywhere almost feels like a non turbo...possible ideas i thought it would be was Turbo problems....or maybe even radiator or some pipes are loose somewhere.

what you guys think? any ideas? i will be taking the car back to tenagah motorsport where i did my 100k service very soon so they can check it out.
Its a 2005 sti btw.

cheers any help appreciated.

mr_psi 04-12-2008 09:02 PM

you will probably find you are much more familiar with the power output and that the car is running the same as before.

Serbaru 04-12-2008 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=mr_psi]you will probably find you are much more familiar with the power output and that the car is running the same as before.[/QUOTE]

lol thats what my brother thought as well....but its not at all, i have noticed a big difference in power.

Rexxar 04-12-2008 09:12 PM

100k on a 05 sti wow u must travel alot

same with my car i cant seem to feel any power when im driving but as a passenger fuck me car goes hard

chee 04-12-2008 09:25 PM

maybe they unsettled something during service? go through looking for unplugged vac lines and maybe loose intake or something.

Serbaru 04-12-2008 09:36 PM

i bought it over east and the guy use to drive 40 mins to work everyday...cant complain on the price though i got it for.

yeah i tried checking some vac lines and intake, the car was leaking radiator fluid before the service and they cleaned it up...could be that does look like its back and is affecting the power.

waxdass 04-12-2008 09:42 PM

try the usual stuff.. AFM, hole in intake tract/ vaccuum etc

If its still stuffed get a compression test done.

GX-REX 04-12-2008 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=Serbaru]i bought it over east and the guy use to drive 40 mins to work everyday...cant complain on the price though i got it for.

yeah i tried checking some vac lines and intake, the car was leaking radiator fluid before the service and they cleaned it up...could be that does look like its back and is affecting the power.[/QUOTE]

Leaking coolant?? Where is it leaking from? Only thing I can think of that would relate the coolant loss to loss of power is a blown head gasket...

Serbaru 04-12-2008 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=GX-REX]Leaking coolant?? Where is it leaking from? Only thing I can think of that would relate the coolant loss to loss of power is a blown head gasket...[/QUOTE]

just like around the top of the radiator it is....tenagah said it wasnt a biggy just keep and eye on it but they said might need to get the radiator serviced and flushed or something.

maybe it could be the bov?

hopefully its not the turbo...if so time for a upgrade.

Serbaru 04-12-2008 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=waxdass]try the usual stuff.. AFM, hole in intake tract/ vaccuum etc

If its still stuffed get a compression test done.[/QUOTE]

ill get tenagah to check out the problem 2moz and do the compression test....they did one when my service was getting done and had no problems