Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 PM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level
Default Clutch problem after 6 speed into GC8

OK have had a 6 speed installed with new Spec C clutch and flywheel and noticed the clutch pedal felt alot softer than my old RMS 5 speed clutch, after a high rpm shift the pedal felt very soft and got stuck on the floor, adjusted threaded rod on the pedal which helped but still went soft on high rpm shift, once stopped and pump pedal it feels OK ?. Have bled the clutch (PITA job) and it seems better but wont know till Barbagello, I noticed that my 97 has spring pulling fork same direction as fork assisting the slave cyclinder, wouldn't this make it worse ?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

The spring on the fork has very little to do with it. Master cylinder pushrod length is critical, should be adjusted so there is still a little freeplay in the piston, not holding it down Polar spec. The pedal height is also critical as it affects the over centre action of the pedal. Make sure there's no air in it, that means pushing the slave cylinder all the way back while bleeding. That's all there is to it.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:13 PM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally
The spring on the fork has very little to do with it. Master cylinder pushrod length is critical, should be adjusted so there is still a little freeplay in the piston, not holding it down Polar spec. The pedal height is also critical as it affects the over centre action of the pedal. Make sure there's no air in it, that means pushing the slave cylinder all the way back while bleeding. That's all there is to it.
Have adjusted freeplay out of pedal and bled all old fluid out of system, pottering around it feels great, changes are silky smooth, clutch take up is in perfect position, no slip, Sean had it on dyno without a prob, taking it home gave it 6000+ pushed clutch in shifted to 3rd clutch disappeared, changed gear OK but felt like it had no resistance at all ? have bleed it since then so I hope thats sorted it but it is very strange

Last edited by DJDINO; 09-03-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

I used to get this a while back... can't remember what exactly fixed the problem? Used to happen flat out- usually during motorsport etc which can be really daunting! Leigh looked at it at the time.

I *think* it was as Doug is saying, just a few good bleeds...
Old 10-03-2009, 07:21 AM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarooboy
I used to get this a while back... can't remember what exactly fixed the problem? Used to happen flat out- usually during motorsport etc which can be really daunting! Leigh looked at it at the time.

I *think* it was as Doug is saying, just a few good bleeds...
Yeah was alot of fun at AHG down the straight braking and trying to pop the pedal off the floor with my left foot

Tags
clutch, gc8, problem, speed