Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Driving a Button Clutch (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/25826-driving-button-clutch.html)

wannabox 31-03-2009 02:57 PM

Driving a Button Clutch

After making the mistake and getting the Exedy Hyper single fitted, has anyone got any tips for driving it. I had a go this arvo and I must say I don't think I will be driving it every day to work :(.

Should have gone organic damnit :\

Sethor 31-03-2009 03:07 PM

You will get use to it, I have no issues with my Brass button clutch.

wannabox 31-03-2009 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=Sethor]You will get use to it, I have no issues with my Brass button clutch.[/QUOTE]

I am assuming limiter launches are out of the question now?? :P haha jks.

Are you able to slip it a bit to get going? Or do you just need to drop it. Bet my next post will be *Gearbox Blown*...

Strubaru 31-03-2009 03:22 PM

just blip the throttle at standstill and relese it as the revs are dropping, its easy as once you get used to it, i laughed my head off when a female cop had to move my car when i blew over going through a booze bus, she stalled it like 5 times before she got it moving

wannabox 31-03-2009 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru]just blip the throttle at standstill and relese it as the revs are dropping, its easy as once you get used to it, i laughed my head off when a female cop had to move my car when i blew over going through a booze bus, she stalled it like 5 times before she got it moving[/QUOTE]

Is it a fast release or slowly release it but not riding it like before? if you get what I mean hah.

Strubaru 31-03-2009 03:29 PM

yeah ride that bitch a bit, you'll get the hang of it sooner or later, for a burnout just rev it and drop it like its hot :D but don't sit with it on the limiter and side step it just keep the revs moving, fuck its so hard to explain, drive it round to my place & i'll show you :D hows adelaide going anyway mate?

wannabox 31-03-2009 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru]yeah ride that bitch a bit, you'll get the hang of it sooner or later, for a burnout just rev it and drop it like its hot :D but don't sit with it on the limiter and side step it just keep the revs moving, fuck its so hard to explain, drive it round to my place & i'll show you :D hows adelaide going anyway mate?[/QUOTE]

Actually in brissy, it is going pretty, but the roads here are CRAP!!! Heh lots of hills where I work and not looking forward to hill starts today. There is also a major traffic jam so my first drive home will be in gridlock, nice way to break in the clutch.

Strubaru 31-03-2009 03:34 PM

sorry, always get brissy and adelaide mixed up, i'm a pom, gimme a break hahaha

the best fun is when you say to your mates "sure you can have a drive, if you can get it going" hahahaha i miss mine in my skyline, used to smoke up 1st & 2nd then chirp into 3rd 4th and 5th and the car was stock as a rock 'cept for a k&n :D

wannabox 31-03-2009 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru]sorry, always get brissy and adelaide mixed up, i'm a pom, gimme a break hahaha

the best fun is when you say to your mates "sure you can have a drive, if you can get it going" hahahaha i miss mine in my skyline, used to smoke up 1st & 2nd then chirp into 3rd 4th and 5th and the car was stock as a rock 'cept for a k&n :D[/QUOTE]

The plus I guess is that the missus can no longer drive my car hehe win win!

Jim621 31-03-2009 03:44 PM

Wannabox, what was your reason for getting a brass button clutch?