Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Sump plug washer (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/26100-sump-plug-washer.html)

DEDLYWEPN 17-04-2009 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Yeah just get it from the dealer.

When I used to do my own servicing and I was buying parts from the dealer, I used to get them to tape the washer to the lid of the oil filter box so I wouldn't lose it.[/QUOTE]
Ditto

deviant 17-04-2009 12:52 PM

Would Coventrys have the washers on hand? I work and live no-where near a Subaru dealership..

subasurf 19-04-2009 11:27 AM

I'm doing my oil change today or tomorrow and I've got a Fumoto sump valve/tap replacing the sump plug. This way I just need to undo the valve to drain the oil instead of having to remove the bolt and washer. The valve locks into place so it shouldn't ever accidentally come on done.

I'll post up how it goes...ie: if it leaks and stuff.

Rexy03 19-04-2009 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=deviant]Would Coventrys have the washers on hand? I work and live no-where near a Subaru dealership..[/QUOTE]Nope ive tried to source them elsewhere - only Subaru has them - if you can find them elsewhere let me know

deviant 19-04-2009 06:13 PM

Yep your right. They only do packets of generic ones in various sizes. I decided to use a copper washer that has exactly the same dimensions as the crush washer...no leaks since friday even with 'exploring' the upper limits of the rev range....

I'm going to order a Fumoto valve tomorrow. I'm going to begin doing intermediate services myself so it will make the job much easier if I can just open a tap and let the oil go.

Ineresting that the last service was done by professionals well liked by members of this forum yet the oil filter appeared to have been tightened by someone with thigh musles for wrists....it was a serious effort to get it off!!

Thank you for the help guys!

Rexy03 19-04-2009 06:38 PM

Have you checked Ebay for a Fumoto valve ?

deviant 20-04-2009 07:26 AM

I did now...None on Ebay Aus but someone in the US is selling them but it comes out way more expensive than buying one here. They do next day delivery on them here to.

chee 20-04-2009 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=subasurf]I'm doing my oil change today or tomorrow and I've got a Fumoto sump valve/tap replacing the sump plug. This way I just need to undo the valve to drain the oil instead of having to remove the bolt and washer. The valve locks into place so it shouldn't ever accidentally come on done.

I'll post up how it goes...ie: if it leaks and stuff.[/QUOTE]

unless someone decides to drop your oil for you.

gorotsuki69 20-04-2009 09:35 AM

The Aus Fumoto distributor owns the XT Foz you see on the homepage. There was a group buy not long ago for $29 on Ozfoz

subasurf 20-04-2009 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=chee]unless someone decides to drop your oil for you.[/QUOTE]

Ohwell, I always keep 5L of oil in my car incase I crack my sump guard offroad :p