Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2005, 10:09 AM
d_generate

Default Tall suspension question

Hey, I've got a 98 impreza hatch & was thinking of jacking it up for a bit of off road use... so is the suspension out of a forester much higher than a standard car and if not any suggestions? It's an awd with the high/low box, I had so much fun up in the dunes & on the beach at Lancelin with my Libbo before I cooked it that I gotta replace my Landcruiser with something before I kill the Libbo again....... but I want it high. Also does a std Impreza have LSD's? Ta.
Old 18-12-2005, 01:32 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

theprotest at standard level

Some guys have put wrx susp. into their forester and gotten about 2" drop. I don't know if this will just convert to the same in lift when reversed though?
Old 18-12-2005, 02:27 PM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

Not sure how forester suspension will fit onto a impreza but make sure the underbody of your car is well protected, i shreaded all my plastic gaurds when taking the GT off road and now have put on a alloy sump gaurd, that was with stock forester suspension. I got about 200mm ground clearance on the GT.
Old 18-12-2005, 10:04 PM
d_generate

Yeah thought forester might be the cheap option, only want to use it in sand but I want the clearance for the dunes, my Landcruiser had about a foot n would go over anything, the Libbo has about 4" & would crap over the cruiser all day even with 38lb's in the tyres but I could only go up, along & down without cresting them so I want at least 8" for a bit of fun.
Old 20-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

forestor's also have lift riser blocks built into the crossmembers, if you want to lift kit your impreza/libo you'll need to look to some custom ally blocks to raise the body off the crossmembers to give you a bit more suspension travel. not difficult to do at all really.

Long live the WRC
Old 21-12-2005, 12:57 AM
d_generate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna
forestor's also have lift riser blocks built into the crossmembers, if you want to lift kit your impreza/libo you'll need to look to some custom ally blocks to raise the body off the crossmembers to give you a bit more suspension travel. not difficult to do at all really.
Thanks for that I'll pm you if I decide to go ahead with it to get more info, it comes out of the panel beaters on thurs then I have to paint it n put it back together for rego so I'll see how it turns out cos I have everything to turn it into a WRX except motor & diff, still not to sure what to do with it as I also have a genuine WRX hatch which will also be ready in a month or so..?????

Tags
question, suspension, tall