Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Just couldn't resist in the end... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/29335-just-couldnt-resist-end.html)

_daz_ 28-09-2009 12:22 AM

[QUOTE=Rossco;397480]"
verso wrp10 v wrx would be same/same....

**I do see a note that says the WRP10 ecu cannot be flashed as is is electronically locked by STI....probably encrypted.**[/QUOTE]

I was fully aware there was an insignificant power difference there, which is why i was wondering about the reason Subaru even bothered including it, what added benefit it had. The point about being locked by STI was part of the reason i believed the ECU wouldn't be able to be verso tuned, and from other research i have done into the matter out of curiosity.

Tommosaurus 28-09-2009 12:54 AM

Daz, listen to phizzle!!

He suggested the same thing to me a few months ago, and even after all this time I still drive with a big grin on my face, and unnecessarily rev my engine to hear all the cool noises.

Its a piece of cake to do and doesn't cost fuck all for what you get.

:3gears:

_daz_ 28-09-2009 01:02 AM

[QUOTE=Captain Obvious;397482]Daz, listen to phizzle!!

[/QUOTE]

Believe me, all suggestions are being taken seriously and considered (=

I am after as much feedback as possible, positive or negative, it all proves helpful in one way or another, and with such a range of experience and knowledge to tap into, there is bound to be some conflicting opinions here and there.

In depth info regarding the WRP10 hasn't been all that easy to come by

So fellow rex fans, by all means, post away!!!

_daz_

Adz 28-09-2009 10:45 AM

WRP10.. a model they had trouble selling off.. not quite an sti.. and some goodies added onto a standard wrx. ( i mean seriously when new.. 10k extra over a std subaru for some wheels and a handful of sti parts?)

my advice.. do what you want.. keep it bolt on.

When it comes time to sell put everything back to standard and sell off the parts seperately (easy to sell as they're bolt-on for everyone else too)

bullet 28-09-2009 01:34 PM

WRP10 i have one

1 Attachment(s)
Iam the same i dont want to go to far with mods.I have a STI spoiler from an 03,White line lowered suspension with anti-lift kit 22mm rear swaybar,Norm Butler exhaust,Ecotect 2 from Maximum Motor Sport,slotted rotors front & rear.(bigger brakes would be handy) I would to see if i could get a retune for a little more power.
ps would have liked to gat a STI but the WRP10 goes ok

_daz_ 22-10-2009 09:04 PM

well, all parts have been in for about a week now, the difference is [B][I][U]incredible[/U][/I][/B]

although just today one of my cv's started creaking (at least that's what it sounds like)
dammit, back to the workshop

Jezza 22-10-2009 09:24 PM

put some more grease on the sway bar links and mounts, you'd be surprised!

_daz_ 22-10-2009 10:00 PM

thanks Col. i'll definitely do that, should be a lot cheaper than new cv's if that's all it is (=

however, if it is a cv joint, is there a stronger upgrade, rather than just replacing for the same ones??? Recommendations??? Previous experiences???

[MARZS] 23-10-2009 11:05 AM

i would just replace them with the standard ones...you can get aftermarket items, but you have to remember that when you make one thing stronger/better, there can be a tendency for other parts to be "weakened" as a result

Rossco 23-10-2009 11:56 AM

CV's don't creak.....they click when they're stuffed.

creaking will be the swaybar mounting 'D' bushes needing some lube (lithium spray grease works well).