Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Brandt POS Alarm Woes (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/30821-brandt-pos-alarm-woes.html)

SweLLy 14-12-2009 10:17 PM

some people like them, some hate them.

I think you have just been extremely unlucky, if i was you i would switch over alarms saves the raging :)

RallySti 14-12-2009 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=bumpstop;415930]I've removed plenty of Brants and fitted either Autowatch 555's so that the factory key remote is still used, or Autowatch 446's and 446 premiums, both of which then have their own remote.

[url]http://www.autowatch.com.au/[/url][/QUOTE]

How much to fit a 555 ??? and remove Brant of course

WRP10 14-12-2009 11:49 PM

[QUOTE=SweLLy;415952]some people like them, some hate them.

I think you have just been extremely unlucky, if i was you i would switch over alarms saves the raging :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems like youre either lucky or unlucky with them, personally never had any problems with it at all but have seen/heard many others being a pain in the arse,

As stated if its that big an issue get an autowatch because Subaru wont be able to do very much at all to fix it for you as apparently they just install them once the cars get into the country so theres next to no guarantees on them

RallySti 15-12-2009 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=WRP10;415967]Yeah it seems like youre either lucky or unlucky with them, personally never had any problems with it at all but have seen/heard many others being a pain in the arse,

As stated if its that big an issue get an autowatch because Subaru wont be able to do very much at all to fix it for you as apparently they just install them once the cars get into the country so theres next to no guarantees on them[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have been very unlucky apparently, and it's the fact Subaru are unwilling to warrant them that gets my back up. Managed to get 1 item changed under warranty, then a "special price" the second time, then it was all up to me after that. Not that I am having a go at Subaru, I've had enough trouble with Ford, Holden and Mitsubishi over the years on warranty items.

jessw 15-12-2009 12:20 AM

We had problem in the 01, after about 2 years with no worries it became erratic and mostly never worked, got it reset and didnt have any problems after that.
Just recently in the STi it went skitz. I was stuck in car for 5mins with the alarm going on/off, couldnt do anything til it decided to calm down. Subaru reset it been fine since. We seem to be unlucky too.
Do the autowatch 555s come with the antihijack too??

BALISTC 15-12-2009 07:52 AM

The problem is, you spelled it incorrectly.

Not sure why everyone thinks its BRANDT, its written as its pronounced. BRANT.

bumpstop 15-12-2009 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=jessw;415971]
Do the autowatch 555s come with the antihijack too??[/QUOTE]

Yes, 555's have antihijack capability, it's a feature you need to specify that you want working, and usually incurs an additional charge over the price of a standard fitment.

Rally Sti, I'll send you a pm later today :)

RallySti 15-12-2009 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC;415984]The problem is, you spelled it incorrectly.

Not sure why everyone thinks its BRANDT, its written as its pronounced. BRANT.[/QUOTE]

OK, don't know why it matters so much, but read the first couple of posts....

RallySti 15-12-2009 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=bumpstop;415986]Yes, 555's have antihijack capability, it's a feature you need to specify that you want working, and usually incurs an additional charge over the price of a standard fitment.

Rally Sti, I'll send you a pm later today :)[/QUOTE]

Ta mate

jessw 27-02-2010 10:59 PM

didnt want to start a new thread just wanted to know if there is someone i can pm about a query with brant checked the manual from another post but it didnt give me what i was after
cheers jess