Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Car accident last night (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/37159-car-accident-last-night.html)

jasonmurray 19-09-2010 01:05 PM

I would say to come to my shop but we are booked out for any smash repairs for 6 weeks :/

Most of the shops mentioned above will do a good job. :)

ajay05 19-09-2010 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=jasonmurray;492050]I would say to come to my shop but we are booked out for any smash repairs for 6 weeks :/

Most of the shops mentioned above will do a good job. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey Mate, Thanks its a relief to know the shops have some good feed back, You mentioned most? is there one you wouldn't recommend?
What shop do you work at?

My olds are in the Industry but there over in Sydney. The old duck works for auto quote and deals with a few shops over in WA so she is also going to look into it too for me.

Looks like the fuel tank is dinted too, shit the list keeps getting bigger. Tried to post some pics but not working.

GX-REX 19-09-2010 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=jasonmurray;492050]I would say to come to my shop but we are booked out for any smash repairs for 6 weeks [/QUOTE]

That's nothing. My wife had a crash in July. She was front car in a 3 car smash. Booked in for repair with Platinum smash in Wangara and have been told due to the backlog of hail damaged cars, smash work has low priority. It won't be put in until late November - early December...

Rossco 19-09-2010 04:35 PM

^^ Yeah...There are some very busy panel shops around at the moment due to the hail fiasco.... We are receiving orders now for panel jobs that aren't due to be started until January :eek:

Some shops are bouncing normal smash jobs until April next year...Although some shops are refusing all hail damaged cars because there's no money in it for the beaters....Insurance companies pay <$20 per hour for their labour.

P.s In Style are great too

Your is Subi so I guess you'll want someone local (i.e Osb Park/Shenton park)

J & W Zarb Car Craft
Perth Panel & Paint
S & A Smash Repairs
Chas Greenwell
Bert Bennet
McCarthy Car Craft
Osborne Smash
Advantage Panel & Paint
Nick & Alberto
Modern Collision

These^^ are the bigger ones around our area, all produce excellent quality work & workmanship.

There's a large selection in Osb park, I deal with all the above & wouldn't hesitate to take my car to any one of them.

Pm Gordo about Zarbs...They Rock! :)

dizzie 19-09-2010 05:21 PM

Hey, mate
I'm the paint shop Forman at McCarthy craft. We do a pretty good job and I tend to take pride in doin wrexrys being an owner. Only problem is were pretty booked out due to hail!

jasonmurray 19-09-2010 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=ajay05;492060]Hey Mate, Thanks its a relief to know the shops have some good feed back, You mentioned most? is there one you wouldn't recommend?
What shop do you work at?

My olds are in the Industry but there over in Sydney. The old duck works for auto quote and deals with a few shops over in WA so she is also going to look into it too for me.

Looks like the fuel tank is dinted too, shit the list keeps getting bigger. Tried to post some pics but not working.[/QUOTE]

Nah I cant say who I wouldnt recommend. Any of the shops Rossco mentioned will be ok.

We are booked out until May 2012 for hail but for smash we are booked out for 6 weeks.

Smash has a higher priority for us cos if we neglect the smash people they wont come back to us. Hail jobs are a bitch and can take up to 6 weeks. People dont understand that they arent the only person who got hit and they just have to wait like everyone else. At least they can still drive their car unlike the smash job people.

ajay05 19-09-2010 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;492085]^^ Yeah...There are some very busy panel shops around at the moment due to the hail fiasco.... We are receiving orders now for panel jobs that aren't due to be started until January :eek:

Some shops are bouncing normal smash jobs until April next year...Although some shops are refusing all hail damaged cars because there's no money in it for the beaters....Insurance companies pay <$20 per hour for their labour.

P.s In Style are great too

Your is Subi so I guess you'll want someone local (i.e Osb Park/Shenton park)

J & W Zarb Car Craft
Perth Panel & Paint
S & A Smash Repairs
Chas Greenwell
Bert Bennet
McCarthy Car Craft
Osborne Smash
Advantage Panel & Paint
Nick & Alberto
Modern Collision

These^^ are the bigger ones around our area, all produce excellent quality work & workmanship.

There's a large selection in Osb park, I deal with all the above & wouldn't hesitate to take my car to any one of them.

Pm Gordo about Zarbs...They Rock! :)[/QUOTE]

Cheers Rossco,

Yeah in Subi,
Shit you guys sound busy! Yeah i can imagine there would still be loads of hail damaged cars about. Not a good time to have an accident....

ajay05 19-09-2010 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=dizzie;492102]Hey, mate
I'm the paint shop Forman at McCarthy craft. We do a pretty good job and I tend to take pride in doin wrexrys being an owner. Only problem is were pretty booked out due to hail![/QUOTE]

Nice one! Always good to know a good painter. LOL
Had a mate who crashed his car a few months ago and the paint job was terrible, they didn't match it to well.
Are you guys in Claremont?
Got some family friends in Sydney who know and recommended McCarthy Car Craft. So i think i'll be giving you guys a call :-)

GX-REX 19-09-2010 08:08 PM

Do not use Hi-Lite Smash in Bayswater.

Zarbs in Osborne Park do a few subis and looks like decent work coming out of there.

mARC 19-09-2010 08:53 PM

[QUOTE=GX-REX;492164]Do not use Hi-Lite Smash in Bayswater.[/QUOTE]

Didn't this go down years ago for under the counter dealing with police officials?