Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level
Default Aluminium Radiators

About a year ago my stock radiator split its end tank. I promptly bought a 40mm alum replacment from ASI Performance on Ebay...its a 'SABER' unit...

Fitment was pretty good, had to file out the bolt brackets on my fans to get them on, and slightly bend out one of the 2 smaller outlets at the top to fit on the hoses. Once fitted all was good, hadn't had any problems what-so-ever.

Until now.. There is a bit of a crack/pinhole in one of its end tanks! The hole is somewhere in that circled area, kind of on the edge of the end tank.
Not really losing much coolant, but its making a mess and putting bubbles in my coolant, stopping it from building pressure.

Now, my options are to either take the radiator out and get it welded up by an engineering mob in Malaga (will cost around $40-50)... or simply buy another one and drop that in there instead. But I don't really want to weld it and simply wait for it to crack etc again.

Here's the one I bought - ASI Performance

Here's the one I'm looking at - "radiatorwarranty"

Has anyone had any experience with alum radiators dying? Also looking for opinions as to what would be best to do in this situation.
I know these radiators are fairly cheap, but unless an expensive unit had a lifetime guarantee etc etc, I dont think I could justify spending over triple the price on a very similar product.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0056.jpg  

Tags
aluminium, end tank, radiators