Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Wileyz

Default Mods 4 Rs Liberty Budget 1200~

Hey guys the topic basically speaks for it self just have some spare money to add some mods. It’s got the basic mods such as 3' zaust, bov, slightly modded computer (not sure but the previous owner has said he has ran 13's in it). Just thought id get some ideas on what would be the mods that would give me the most gain of power/control for around $1000-$1200. Any help would be appreciated cheers

- Rhys
Old 24-07-2005, 09:01 PM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level

Hi Rhys,

I suppose that it depends on what you want to do with your car.

Drag, Circut, MC, Street?

If you are happy with the way the car goes in terms of power, then spend the money on some suspension bits such as springs, swaybars etc. this will use your entire budget.

If you are after more power, firstly get it dynoed to see what she makes to give you some indication and go from there. Find out how teh computer has been modded and who by, this will let you know what else can be done without effecting your current tune in a negative way (as some computers/interceptors require a retune after even slight mods). A dyno run/power run should only cost you about $100. Or you could have 3 power runs done at the dyno day for heaps less.

13's in a lib is pretty good.

Like I said, what do you want from the car?

Toni
Old 24-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Wileyz

def street use. I have not had my licence for long so obviously not to much power lol but yeah I was looking for a mix. Sway bars and suspension should be on my list soon I think. But yeah Just looking for any ideas on steps and where people start on modding there cars
Old 25-07-2005, 01:43 PM
PROBLM

Id definetly be spending the money making it stop and handle better.
If youve only just got your lic then you already have enough 'go with the mods youve listed. Theres plenty of time for more power. you can have more fun through the twisty bits as you do in a straight line. If had had a 2g budget to spend on mine first stop would be the brakes. theres nothing wrong with the std RS brakes but but the quicker you can pull that car up the better, especially if it goes harder than a stocker. ALK and swaybars would be on my list if i didnt already have em.

Tags
1200, budget, liberty, mods, rs