Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Brake Fade (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/44500-brake-fade.html)

teejay 06-09-2011 04:50 PM

I have QFM's and was hammering them because I couldnt get the car to turn so needed to slow down pretty badly.

No fade issues with shitty 2 pots

Master D 06-09-2011 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=XT43;604836]I think the QFM A1RM's are set against the ds2500s, obviously the 3000s being a step up into track spec so that may shed some light..

I cant remeber you saying they were an issue at Barbs Dave?[/QUOTE]

Nope, were all good till the 2 runs of the night, started to fade then

Saint_23 06-09-2011 06:19 PM

I didnt have any brake issues at Collie, but I wasnt pushing as hard as most cause of my back.

Running QFM A1RM pads front and rear, DBA 650S Slotted rotors on the front, standard solid discs rear.
Total DOT 4 fluid.

Addy 06-09-2011 06:39 PM

I would just go the Castrol Super Response Dot 4. It's cheaper than that brembo fluid and it has similar dry/wet boiling points.
I've got a layer of break pad material about 1.5cm wide on the disc, need to clean that off. Besides that, the car pulled up nice (stock rotors and A1RMs on the front)

Adi

Saint_23 06-09-2011 06:53 PM

Just dont ever go Proflex discs. Look what happened to poor Gordon on the weekend.
Few runs at Collie and both virtually new front discs cracked.

Jeckle 06-09-2011 07:12 PM

I run DBA 4000 slots, bendix ultimate pads, brembo fluid, little fade on back to back runs, best time is a high 53 around Collie, but could be better once overboost is solved.

Spektre 06-09-2011 09:12 PM

Dave, is this still the same fluid you used at the last no limits??? You said you were going to change it over then. If you need a hand let me know and you can come round and we'll do it at mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossco 06-09-2011 09:50 PM

[QUOTE=Saint_23;604884]Just dont ever go Proflex discs. Look what happened to poor Gordon on the weekend.
Few runs at Collie and both virtually new front discs cracked.[/QUOTE]

They weren't new, He'd done 10,000 km on them without issue (apart from smoking his Lucas pads) before having them machined & fitting QFM pads.

Gordo thinks he didn't bed them in fully after having them machined prior to Collie... he said he felt them start to shudder after his second lap....they'd only done 500km since machining/new pads.

I had the exact same discs (protex Ultrastreet) hot enough to burn the paint off the hubs last time I did Collie & still have no cracks 30,000 km later?

My car is due for rear discs in a month or so.....will be going RDA slotted rears.

Jezza 06-09-2011 09:52 PM

I used castrol super dot 4 on qfm a1rm pads all round, with dba4000 up front and stock rotors up back.

Flushed it a couple of days before the event, and only got fade/shuddering after 3 sets of laps back to back.

Saint_23 06-09-2011 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;604953]They weren't new, He'd done 10,000 km on them without issue (apart from smoking his Lucas pads) before having them machined & fitting QFM pads.

Gordo thinks he didn't bed them in fully after having them machined prior to Collie... he said he felt them start to shudder after his second lap....they'd only done 500km since machining/new pads.

I had the exact same discs (protex Ultrastreet) hot enough to burn the paint off the hubs last time I did Collie & still have no cracks 30,000 km later?

My car is due for rear discs in a month or so.....will be going RDA slotted rears.[/QUOTE]

10k old discs, even with a recent machining still shouldn't have cracked.