Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Bent

Clint at standard level

Sif BUY it!
Old 29-03-2006, 12:48 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak
I am assuming you say EcuTek because you will get a cheaper and 'better' tune? UTEC has the advantage of being able to resell, of course.

Anyway, don't really want to get into a 'best ECU' discussion, but can I ask your reasons for prefering EcuTek?

waxdass, I did read that you had switched to EcuTek.

My other (initial) option was a Link, but they don't make one for a MY05.
I'm sure others will rip shreds into me for this.

However look at it this way.

Subaru spend millions and millions on designing sensors, electronic modules and other bits to drive their engineered engines. The maps for cold start, warm starts, injector compensation, temp correction, throttle etc. Subaru have refined and refined to a point where they are fairly robust to almost all environmental changes.

Why not use the knowledge....

Sure..

You will be changing bits of it, but you'll retain ALOT of safety measures which are currently in place stock out of the box. Introducing an external device means you'll need to do most of the work from the ground up (clean slate) and no two tunes would be the same for every car.

Every engine is different, every engine sounds different and that’s why RT, MMS, RMS, Speedworks choose to judge cars on a "case by case" model I would think. I have to agree with that mentality as who's to say that the car in a previous life had been badly abused and had something done to it..

People on forums also tend to "give" advice and not really know what they are talking about. I think as a car owner, it’s up to you to sort out the people that REALLY know something and the people who just ramble off buzzwords.

Admittedly all the posts on this thread have no REAL grounding for a choice (even my own post prior to this). Maybe because people don't understand the theory of tuning, Maybe they don't want to be responsible for blowing up your engine, Maybe someone can't be arsed answering due to some sort of hate against you..

I dunno..

Choose wisely is all I can say, question every answer you get given if you don’t understand or makes sense to yourself.

Tags
tuning, utec