Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

X12 SRT at standard level
Default ethanol (E10) Subaru's offical position

Hi all, just read an interesting article in Subaru's Symetry mag regarding thier position in using Ethanol fuel,

Quote; "The good news is that the majority of new Subarus run normally on E10, the majority of Subaru vehicles produced after MY1990 can operate using E10 providing the model-specific fuel octane rating (RON) is maintained.

The only exceptions are turbocharged Liberty B4, Liberty 2.0GT,& WRX STi from MY99 to MY05 the turbocharged engines of those specific vehicles could experience starting or driveability concerns if refuelled with E10. Therefore it is not recomended in those varients.

Also, Subaru does not have test data for fuel blends with greater than 10% Ethanol,which may cause driveability problems and even failure of some parts and components, including the fuel line and exhaust. Use of blends greater than 10% Ethanol could also risk voiding the manufacturer's warranty."

That last paragraph may be a warning to those mixing thier own blends.
I know some guys are running E10 so it's good to hear your views over the official Subaru position.
Cheers

Tags
e10, ethanol, offical, position, subaru