Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-2006, 07:42 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

I believe you need a high quality Air Fuel sensor like the one Racetorque have and then your away. Speak to Racetorque, Hyperdrive, or Speedworks for more info
Old 19-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

Nup, nah - my take on things: If you try to autotune with the standard o2 sensor you'll end up lean.

Also, Autronic autotune needs the autronic wideband with the autronic 0-1v logarithmic ramp.
Old 20-04-2006, 01:52 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

V5 STi R at standard level

I guess... I will just have to wait till I ship my car to perth
Old 20-04-2006, 10:04 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff
Nup, nah - my take on things: If you try to autotune with the standard o2 sensor you'll end up lean.

Also, Autronic autotune needs the autronic wideband with the autronic 0-1v logarithmic ramp.
Is it not the wideband UEGO Air/Fuel ratio sensor, like the one Racetorque has? i.e. like I said?
Old 21-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

*shrug* i don't know what racetorque have - all i'm saying is that it's critical to only use an AUTRONIC wideband when you're using an autronic with autotune - AND it's got to be in the right mode.

A PLM or a WBo2 or whatever just won't work.
Old 19-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Gonadman2

Well, sorry guys I haven't checked back on this thread for a while. I ended up doing the move, but one weeks before I left, the VF22 shit the tin... I bought the turbo new, but second hand from someone else. It worked for 10000kms before it packed it in, I'm guessing from running a BOV too tight.

[IMG][/IMG]

So I ended up taking the car back to Southern Motor Works for some more mods and a new turbo. The Turbo selected was a GT Pumps Hybrid TD05 GTPS01. This turbo is much better suited to the street and highway work that I am doing up here, and am keen to see how it performs on the track. I also got new 550cc Injectors, silicon intake and TMIC piping and a 2nd hand Hyperflow TMIC. This combo with the new tune resulted in 141kw atw which works out at around 170-180kwatw on a DD dyno. A stock MY00 ran 86kw atw on the same dyno on the same day so its not to bad an increase. It is only tuned for 17psi on PULP as well not 98. A/F ratio once on boost is not higher than 11.3 and close to 11:1 all the way.

I have not had any problems with the fuel system since installing the 550's, with this setup running fine on PULP for the last 3 month's. I am running a stock Fuel Reg with the stock fuel rails and a Walbro pump. Apparently the Injectors are cruising, although I don't know what IDC they are running.

I am not happy with the fuel consumption now, as it has become very thirsty, sometimes only just getting 300kms a tank around town. I have seen a 411km tank which included a highway trip to Karratha - not good. I generally wait until the orange light comes on before I refuel, which is usually around 49-52L.

I'm curious to hear what people that may have similar mods might be getting out of their cars? What are the cars that are tuned at Racetorque like on Fuel economy? I was hoping for better than this with the Autronic. Don't forget that it is running on 95ron fuel however. I have a feeling that SMW spend too much time on the WOT part of the map and not enough time tuning the Part throttle settings.

Also cold starting is a bit of an issue now. It was perfect before with the stock injectors but the bigger injectors seem to result in a mild backfire from time to time. It has done it on startup 4 times since I have had the car. Unfortunately I can't take it back to have it checked but this is not good also. I am considering having it retuned at somewhere like racetorque.
Old 19-07-2006, 11:21 AM
hotrex

This is why i think the good old Unichip is not a bad option.

You still get near on factory fuel economy when you want.
Old 19-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Gonadman2

Athlon?

Tags
autronic, tuners or ing