Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Dimeb4g at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDrifter View Post
Its not the hardest diy install.

Got a trolley jack, jack stands and a socket set ?
its crossed my mind, but i'm 20km away from a wheel alignment, and too many variables to line up to make the day after i fit em be able to be aligned...

If i was going to shell out dollars i'd let Doug do it... but its convenience and time over price at the moment... ( with in reason)
Old 06-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Subaru Tech Division

magic1 knows their stuff

southwest brakes
Old 06-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Will give him a call again tomorrow...I called auto one can do xyz to suit, but $1895 for part alone... Bloody Bunbury...

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 07-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Ok, so I called South west brakes.

Can do a set of HSD for $1450 + $185 for fitting and he days $45 for alignment, but I'd say double that for awd...

The bible questions I have are... Hsd reputation? Anyone use? Also on their website they only list impreza... What's the compatibility like?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 07-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Better still, go and see them, its only a 40km round trip.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 07-05-2014, 08:30 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

You can drive without an alignment, not ideal but you can. 20KM will be easy, I drove my car to work and back for a week before I could get sorted and I'll be getting a check over from John Fowler when I can too to make sure the alignment is good.

Otherwise $185 for fitting sounds alright, I did mine at home but it ended up taking me a while because I couldn't crack one of my rear bolts and rounded it, but an angle grinder fixed that.

HSD are fine, few people around here use them. American Dave is one that I know of, and myself too. I went for 7kg springs (8kg stock) to take some of the harshness out and I have no complaints. I have had one issue of the fronts adjusting themselves slowly but that is just the lock ring not being tight enough, I'll get some lock tight for that next if it still isn't tight enough.

I paid $1350 for my set so $1450 isn't too bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to JRecardo For This Useful Post:
Dimeb4g (07-05-2014)
Old 07-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRecardo View Post
You can drive without an alignment, not ideal but you can. 20KM will be easy, I drove my car to work and back for a week before I could get sorted and I'll be getting a check over from John Fowler when I can too to make sure the alignment is good.

Otherwise $185 for fitting sounds alright, I did mine at home but it ended up taking me a while because I couldn't crack one of my rear bolts and rounded it, but an angle grinder fixed that.

HSD are fine, few people around here use them. American Dave is one that I know of, and myself too. I went for 7kg springs (8kg stock) to take some of the harshness out and I have no complaints. I have had one issue of the fronts adjusting themselves slowly but that is just the lock ring not being tight enough, I'll get some lock tight for that next if it still isn't tight enough.

I paid $1350 for my set so $1450 isn't too bad.
Thanks mate, price wise sounds all pretty good.. are the Liberty and Impreza parts the same? i know there is a fair amount of interchangeability (is that a word??) but also, you need a bit of knowledge to know when things don't fit...

The distance isnt the issue for going to see him, i do over 200km a weekend for my work a a newspaper photographer... i just wanted to avoid loading up the bub and all the paraphernalia to get no answer, or a sorry mate, cant help.

He's calling me back with the model number so i can look em up this afternoon ( hopefully) and if they look the goods, i'll pop in there and let him check out the car and then place the order

Tags
bunbury, coilovers, workshop