Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Xtreme heavy duty Clutch (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/58911-xtreme-heavy-duty-clutch.html)

Satie12 01-08-2014 06:48 PM

Xtreme heavy duty Clutch

Hi all,

I'm up for a new clutch soon and I wanted to see if anyone was running an "Xtreme organic heavy duty clutch" or even a Xtreme Clutch in general?

If so what's ur opinion on it?
Good street clutch?
Pros & cons ?

I'm looking at picking up a new clutch in the next few weeks any advice would be much appreciated!
Many thanks in Advance :)

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Cat 01-08-2014 07:26 PM

I've got a Xtreme heavy duty clutch in my car...can't remember if organic or not but I quite like it, it has copped a LOT of abuse from me this last year and hasn't broken yet and the only issue I have had every now and then is on a hard launch sometimes it will stick to the firewall.
Other then that I like it and will be getting the same once I destroy this one :p

matto20v 01-08-2014 07:41 PM

My question for [B]both of you [/B]is: what gearbox are you running? Stock RX/WRX or STI?

They say if youre running a WRX (or lesser) gearbox to stick with an OEM clutch, to save the stock gearbox, to let the clutch be the point that gives (and not 2nd gear). WRX gearboxs are known to pop when given some stick.

Keen to hear what youre both running...

astralex 01-08-2014 08:06 PM

I too have an Xtreme heavy duty organic clutch in my GC, and have a 4.44 later model WRX gearbox. I've had the box in now for 70K Kms old motor and 10K Km new motor, and not had any dramas with it. There's a lot that can be said for mechanical sympathy.

Back to the OP's question, I've been running Xtremes in my WRX for as long as I've had the car (some 7 years) and have always been happy with how they perform. Their pressure plates feel a touch softer than other branded plates I've personally felt in other cars, but I have never minded it.

Satie12 01-08-2014 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=matto20v;805109]My question for [B]both of you [/B]is: what gearbox are you running? Stock RX/WRX or STI?

They say if youre running a WRX (or lesser) gearbox to stick with an OEM clutch, to save the stock gearbox, to let the clutch be the point that gives (and not 2nd gear). WRX gearboxs are known to pop when given some stick.

Keen to hear what youre both running...[/QUOTE]

I'm currently running a WRX 5 speed gear box, I was talking to the guys at S Technic and they suggested "Vision R stage 2 competion clutch" basically heavy duty clutch,
But I heard that Xtreme was a very good brand for clutches and had heard good reviews so I wanted to do some digging and find out a bit more info. :)

Satie12 01-08-2014 08:10 PM

Thanks for you're info and advice it's very much appreciated guys!

Dan [GTI] 01-08-2014 09:36 PM

I had the Xtreme HD Organic in my 2004 WRX and it was a great clutch!

No cons and all pros with this clutch / flywheel combo.

Was a great daily clutch; Heavy enough to know it was H/D and smooth enough to not look a fool at traffic lights.

I got mine done at STechnic and it was a solid clutch (supported ~310HP at one point, then ~280HP for the rest of it's life).

Satie12 01-08-2014 10:32 PM

Ok sweet as man it's much appreciated! Looks like I'm going for Xtreme :)

N14TI 02-08-2014 06:22 AM

Let me know what part number your after and I'll see what price I can get the parts for.

Bob 02-08-2014 10:14 AM

We are also running an Xtreme HD organic on the GC8 but with a 6 speed. I prefer this clutch over the stock one. Life of the gearbox depends on how you drive it.

Currently on my second Xtreme clutch in the Honda as well. Was HD organic, now HD 6 puck. No complaints.