Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Coolant overflowing into Resevoir Bottle? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/61485-coolant-overflowing-into-resevoir-bottle.html)

Rossco 28-04-2015 09:32 PM

I thought you said there was? on SOWA or somewhere?

My apologies Jacob

Jacob92 28-04-2015 09:35 PM

All good from what I've been told hylomar helps hold commetic together anyways OEM ready to go back in now :)

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

s20525xxx 29-04-2015 06:12 AM

Doesnt lower coolant temp helps knock control and seal/gasket longevity?

I thought moderm cars runs hotter temp to bring down emissions?

RJ999 29-04-2015 03:54 PM

Even the Americans have got it right... a lower temp thermostat is useless ffs

Quote:
We at Crawford Performance will start this by stating the number one issue responsible for the damage to Subaru engines is the free software available on the internet to modify the tuning parameters within the ECU. There is plenty of bad advice going around but the most common one I hear is "the bigger or looser the piston or bearing clearances, the better the engine will perform." [B]Another is about larger pressure/volume oil pumps are always better because the factory oiling system on the EJ motors are inadequate, when in fact, a high-pressure oil pump can cause oil cavitation while lowering the ability for any oiling system to work efficiently. Another falsified fact is using a lower-temp thermostat will make your motor run cooler in hot weather but in reality it will have zero effect on increasing your engine's cooling capability.[/B] Other falsified facts include tuners believing that installing 1mm oversized intake and/or exhaust valves over the stock size valve seats will increase cfm airflow, and the best of all that makes me laugh every time I hear it is "you can make 500 whp safely on pump gas."

Read more: [url=http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/impp-1103-subaru-ej-series-engine-tech/#ixzz3YgNylwyv]The Truth Behind The Subaru EJ-Series Engines - Tech-Knowledge - Import Tuner Magazine[/url]

Jacob92 30-04-2015 06:17 AM

Oversize valves on stock seats do nothing

Assumed as much

What about onces that have been throated and new seats to match oversize valve?

matto20v 30-04-2015 08:25 AM

[QUOTE=RJ999;821514]Even the Americans have got it right... a lower temp thermostat is useless ffs

Quote:
We at Crawford Performance will start this by stating [SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]the number one issue responsible for the damage to Subaru engines is the free software available on the internet to modify the tuning parameters within the ECU[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]. There is plenty of bad advice going around but the most common one I hear is "the bigger or looser the piston or bearing clearances, the better the engine will perform." Another is about larger pressure/volume oil pumps are always better because the factory oiling system on the EJ motors are inadequate, when in fact, a high-pressure oil pump can cause oil cavitation while lowering the ability for any oiling system to work efficiently.[B] [SIZE=3]Another falsified fact is using a lower-temp thermostat will make your motor run cooler in hot weather but in reality it will have zero effect on increasing your engine's cooling capability.[/SIZE][/B] Other falsified facts include tuners believing that installing 1mm oversized intake and/or exhaust valves over the stock size valve seats will increase cfm airflow, and the best of all that makes me laugh every time I hear it is "you can make 500 whp safely on pump gas."

Read more: [URL="http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/impp-1103-subaru-ej-series-engine-tech/#ixzz3YgNylwyv"]The Truth Behind The Subaru EJ-Series Engines - Tech-Knowledge - Import Tuner Magazine[/URL][/QUOTE]

Highlighted some important bits for S20525xxxxx ...... Now will you STFU with your uneducated posts?

s20525xxx 01-05-2015 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=matto20v;821555]Highlighted some important bits for S20525xxxxx ...... Now will you STFU with your uneducated posts?[/QUOTE]

Im getting bored with ur pointless targeting on every single post I do. So last post on this thread.

First, I make sure I understand what each parameter does before Mao alters it, and program is not as important as tuner's skill, right.

Secondly, that crawford article is spot on, in fact I posted it on my thread too. Low temp thermo stat does nothing, fan kickin temp needs to be adjusted to make it work. but if u do that without installing a thermostat, ur fan will constantly on to cool the engine because oem thermostat is not fully opened.

At last, before I have thermostat and fan setting done, my car runs at 96 on track, now its at 88. Torque is not reduced because of thermal efficiency loss. As someone would say fan does nothing at high speed. Subaru repair manual points out ecu sets different fan speed with different road speed.

RUSSGT 01-05-2015 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=s20525xxx;821651]Im getting bored with ur pointless targeting on every single post I do. So last post on this thread.

First, I make sure I understand what each parameter does before Mao alters it, and program is not as important as tuner's skill, right.

Secondly, that crawford article is spot on, in fact I posted it on my thread too. Low temp thermo stat does nothing, fan kickin temp needs to be adjusted to make it work. but if u do that without installing a thermostat, ur fan will constantly on to cool the engine because oem thermostat is not fully opened.

At last, before I have thermostat and fan setting done, my car runs at 96 on track, now its at 88. Torque is not reduced because of thermal efficiency loss. As someone would say fan does nothing at high speed. Subaru repair manual points out ecu sets different fan speed with different road speed.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]
Wrong.