Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-07-2006, 05:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

adamh at standard level
Default Cold Start Problem

I have a dilema, my MY98 wrx has developed a cold start problem. It lasts for the first 5-10 minutes of driving. Its horrible... it's like im tapping the accelerator repeatedly while I'm just cruising along.

Sean has had the car in Malaga for a total of about 3 weeks now trying to work out the problem (god bless him) and has tried everything. He says it runs rich when cold. The air flow meter was replaced by EFI with an aftermarket one. The ECU has been swapped (it's standard). No change. There are no engine mods. Just an after market fuel pump.

As a last resort I took it to Subaru Ozy Park. They inform me that they beleive that it is the air flow meter. $700 for a new one if they can't find one to test. But they wont refund the $700 if the problem remains.

I seriously doubt it the airflow meter... so I'd be silly to give them $700 for a new one when I don't think that will fix it.

So my question is, if this was your car and you were going to keep it, what would you do? I'm at the end of my tether.

Tags
cold, problem, start