Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-10-2006, 04:57 PM
STI Master

[BANNED] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [BANNED]
Default The Verso debate.... why has it been locked down?

Re: http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/8097-verso-vs-ecutek.html

Quote:
Sadly this thread is becoming rather.. umm heated.. i'll move it to workshop and clean it up just to keep the population "happy".
Well... I don't quite know where to start?

Little confused to say the least? Why not let people have a relevant discussion based on ECU talk in regards to the new "Verso" tune without locking it down?

As far as I'm concerned, this is beginning to look very very bad for you lot. For starters, I don't think that a mod on this forum should use his own "privileged" rights in order to "clean up a thread" to keep people "happy" and in effect lock the thread down and endorse his own product? In my eyes, this is fucking ridiculous and shouldn't happen.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and no doubt I'll either get banned or this thread will be locked or deleted as soon as the "powers that be" see it, however, both parties in the previous thread had their respective opinions. Yes Joe has a point, but so does Fred. You guys have decided to sell a product, and as a consequence, I don't think that a thread should be closed and locked down just because a bit of heat and or tension arises in regards to the product that your trying to push. Its the car scene guys, your going to cop a bit of bad publicity here and there, irrespective of weather or not your product is good or bad.

I'm not taking sides here, and yes I do think the idea is a great one. However, the abuse of "power" that I've witnessed today shouldn't be fucking happening!

/RANT OFF!
Old 27-10-2006, 05:07 PM
STI Master

REXXX at standard level

Totally agree, dan.

If a user is contributing to a thread in which their own product is being discussed - weather it be positive or negative opinions - that user should not by any means have a right to control the thread.

Would we accept this from any other tuner or workshop? No.

In addition; IMO, any actively posting user who is responsible for a product being sold to fellow members, should disclose this fact openly; ie signature, or at the very least in conversation of said product.

Simply disappointing since it's a great product with equally great potential.

Last edited by REXXX; 27-10-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 27-10-2006, 05:33 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

My hand in this was a simple move of that thread to the workshop area as someone requested it.

If it was locked.. it sure was not by me.
Old 27-10-2006, 05:34 PM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

Not good considering everyone here would be the major target audience
Old 27-10-2006, 05:37 PM
STI Master

[BANNED] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra
Sadly this thread is becoming rather.. umm heated.. i'll move it to workshop and clean it up just to keep the population "happy".
It hasnt been locked as such, but to the general population of P-WRX, they have no access to reply to the thread! Hell....I can't?

I'm not trying to shoot anyone down here, but in all fairness, a bit of respect needs to be shown to the rest of the P-WRX community. Most members would think that we have our own Brett Middleton moderating threads with ECUtek as the topic. Thats not on IMO.
Old 27-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

The problem we are all having is that the Intra has probably broken the forum rules by posting things such as:

"I hear there are movements to supporting 94 to 00 too..
Exciting times ahead.
Currently there are eight vechicles being run around town right now with Verso tunes. I'm sure the customers will be popping up very soon on this thread.
Each one has been running fine from day one. "
Then....
"Sadly this thread is becoming rather.. umm heated.. i'll move it to workshop and clean it up just to keep the population "happy".

WITHOUT disclosing that he has a commercial interest in the product.

I'm not taking sides here and Blues and others have made very good points.

A better way of introducing the Verso in hindsight would have been in the commercial forum DISCLOSING who is actually selling the product.

To then lock the thread as a moderator for our so called "happiness" is an insult to most users.
I DO think an apology is in order regardless of what Intra is trying to sell for the abuse of moderator priveledges and not allowing us here to have an open, full and frank discussion.

I personally hope the Verso does well, as on the surface it does seem good bang for the buck.

RANT OFF

J

Last edited by WRXTASY; 27-10-2006 at 05:57 PM. Reason: removed Brett Middleton comments
Old 27-10-2006, 05:42 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXX
Totally agree, dan.

If a user is contributing to a thread in which their own product is being discussed - weather it be positive or negative opinions - that user should not by any means have a right to control the thread.

Would we accept this from any other tuner or workshop? No.

In addition; IMO, any actively posting user who is responsible for a product being sold to fellow members, should disclose this fact openly; ie signature, or at the very least in conversation of said product.

Simply disappointing since it's a great product with equally great potential.
Well.. thats exactly what i think should be discussed in this thread..

Users of the tunes were coming out of the woodwork to give their opinions of the option.. yet it blows outta water and a full scale emo fit errupts about people disclosing who they are and what they do..

I hardly see that said thread to be a product selling avenue and in my honest opinion i dont believe it should have been moved.. but as a mod (which is prolly now been revoked) i've done my duty and moved it to a workshop area as per request and flameage.
Old 27-10-2006, 05:43 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

When i think about it.. the workshop area has no option for replys... so yes.. my bad on that..

Yep that was my bad.. i didn;t see that users can;t reply to the workshop area.

DUH!

Last edited by Intra; 27-10-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 27-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

other than advanced features, how would a verso tune go on a genuine JDM 05/06 spec C ecu compared to the latest autronic and Motec offerings?

for the normal things like power and drivability.

legit question here.
Old 27-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra
My hand in this was a simple move of that thread to the workshop area as someone requested it.

If it was locked.. it sure was not by me.

I think you in-advertantly locked the previous thread when it was moved to the WORKSHOP section. Thats what we are getting at. I think it was an honest mistake on your part Pete.

Don't take this the wrong way....
We are not bagging the Verso, but just a bit concerned about keeping most of the forum free and independant of percieved commercial influence.

J
Closed Thread

Tags
debate, locked, verso