Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Best place to get exhaust (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/9183-best-place-get-exhaust.html)

Elrico 27-12-2006 05:49 PM

Im not out to claw all the HP i can get to be honest. Just want something that will give me a nice performance increase and maintain a good look/sound. So far im impressed and it hasnt dissapointed

Mister Two 27-12-2006 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=rexwaggon]i doubt they would make an extra 10hp. Willing to supply one for dyno purposes if some1 wants to proove me wrong :)[/QUOTE]

I did say [b]maybe[/b] 10hp. And thats only if already have a heavily modified 200KW@tw engine.

Anyone got access to a dyno? I would love to see the results of this test.

elemist 28-12-2006 01:06 AM

and if one doesn't want to get a china spec system? I'm looking at putting on an RMS system Turbo Back for $1750 in the next couple of weeks or so when they re-open. I got quoted $2500 from Aus Performance Centre in Myaree... which i figured i would give a miss. My mate is going to get me a price from Willetton Exhaust, anyone had or know of anyone whos had work done there?

Or any other suggested workshops? and est price if you know it.

BALISTC 28-12-2006 08:14 AM

If you want to get a system done at a shop, and are going to spend between $1500-2000 bucks on a system, make sure it comes from one of the workshops who knows Subaru's.

This way, your getting something thats tried and tested. MMS and RMS systems are regarded as the best in the business, so as a choice, they are a no-brainer.

207 de 28-12-2006 08:27 AM

RT one piece. no joins.

[BANNED] 28-12-2006 08:45 AM

I'd put money on the fact that a car with an AVO/APS/MSR/decent custom dump pipe/exhaust will out perform a shitter XFart (X Force) system.

I haven't dyno tested anything, but others have. The gains [B]are[/B] there. Seat of the pants dyno tells me that there is more bottom end to be had. Top end will probably be the same, however spool up will be very different.

Having said that though - even if it is 10hp down the bottom end..... is it really worth another $1200!???

In my books, I'd rather spend that $1200 on a retune!

TrsGT01 28-12-2006 09:01 AM

A mate of mine went to willeton exhaust and he found him to be o.k
I went there and all he would qoute me waz Xforce and thats all he dealt with(at the time)Ive been lookn at those $650 exhausts best bang for buck by far!

jEstEr? 28-12-2006 09:13 AM

as i said in the last exhaust thread, $650 for a turbo back exhaust off Dylan leaves you another $1000 to get a hand crafted diamond encrusted dump pipe, which imo is where the most gains are to be had. seriously once you've gone past the cat, how much difference can there be in essential a straight piece of 3" pipe?

Intra 28-12-2006 09:16 AM

yeah, all the gains would really be up-pipe/headers and dump-pipe design.

nauli 28-12-2006 09:33 AM

And there's a Butler dump pipe for $240 in the For Sale section....