Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Best place to get exhaust (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/9183-best-place-get-exhaust.html)

rex rider 27-12-2006 02:53 PM

Best place to get exhaust

I'm in the market for a new TBE and was wanting some advice about where I should go. I've looked at the RMS system (about $1.8k)and was pretty impressed but not sure of other suppliers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RichX 27-12-2006 02:58 PM

Don't get a Cannon .. Get something along the lines of a nice 3" S/S with a Oval Muffler - This bring out the nice deep rex burble while not being too loud.

Have a look at mine, if you like i'll give you the name of my contact. This System cost $2200, but I had the up-pipe done at the same time.

[url]http://members.ii.net/~tcarch/WRXExhaust/[/url]

Elrico 27-12-2006 02:59 PM

I bought one from a person that imports 3" S/S Turboback Exhaust systems that come with all the bolts and gaskets plus an up-pipe for $650. They fit from 94-06 wrx and sti's.

I had the pleasure of bolting it on myself with my dad and brother on the weekend. Saved myself $1000 in the process, i got to know my engine ALOT better and it sounds GREAT. Had a LITTLE fiddling around, but after a few lining issues with a bracket (which wasnt even THAT bad) we got it to fit.

You can go to xspeed and pay $1700 and get it done nicely, or you can give it a crack yourself and save some money plus learn from the experience. And honestly, id do it again if it saved me $1000 again!

Mister Two 27-12-2006 03:03 PM

OR....

You could get Dylan's (rexwaggon) China Spec TBE system... Around $650 to $700 new. Full Stainless. And although it does have a canon muffler. Because it also has a resonator in the mids pipe the system is not overly loud and does not drone into the cabin. Although you can always change the rear muffler later.

Heaps of other people including myself have one, And are very happy with it.

Elrico 27-12-2006 03:04 PM

Hmm i bought mine off a guy named Dylan. Was a champion and was just over in Bassendean. Cost me $650, came with a cannon and has a resonator making it less of a drone. Could this be a conincidence? ;p And i would recommend him aswel. Top bloke!

Mister Two 27-12-2006 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=Sphoolin]Hmm i bought mine off a guy named Dylan. Was a champion and was just over in Bassendean. Cost me $650, came with a cannon and has a resonator making it less of a drone. Could this be a conincidence? ;p And i would recommend him aswel. Top bloke![/QUOTE]

LOL yeah, Same guy. Thats rexwaggon in Bassendean

Elrico 27-12-2006 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=Mister Two]LOL yeah, Same guy. Thats rexwaggon in Bassendean[/QUOTE]

Hah small world! Yeah, im very pleased with my exhaust. Sounds mint imo :D and whatever saves me money, makes me :D :D :D happy

Edit: :D :D :D <- Dont understand how happy it actually makes me hah

confuzion 27-12-2006 03:10 PM

yeah i have the same one, very happy with it and for 650/700 its a bargain. No way would i pay 2k for an exhaust but maybe im just cheap :)

Elrico 27-12-2006 03:12 PM

You aint cheap buddy. I aint gonna have a dig at people who do spend $2k on an exhaust because it aint what forums are about. But if your willing to give it a go, i dont see why you HAVE to pay an exhaust company that much to do a job that in my opinion, isnt worth it. Quality MIGHT be different (not very sure) but like i have said, i cant fault it much at all and it looks quite the shmick exhaust!

Mister Two 27-12-2006 03:14 PM

While those $2K exhausts are better. They have a better flowing splitter dump pipe design and better quality mufflers.

I really dont think they are worth the extra $1300! All that money for an exhaust that flows maybe 10 extra HP.

And its not like they are built much better. Dylan's systems are stainless also and include a CAT and the welds are very good, neat and strong.

China Spec has come a long way from its cheap and nasty origins.

Elrico 27-12-2006 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=Mister Two]While those $2K exhausts are better. They have a better flowing splitter dump pipe design and better quality mufflers.

I really dont think they are worth the extra $1300! All that money for an exhaust that flows maybe 10 extra HP.

And its not like they are built much better. Dylan's systems are stainless also and include a CAT and the welds are very good, neat and strong.

China Spec has come a long way from its cheap and nasty origins.[/QUOTE]

I actually notice those welds. They were very very neat and well done. Either a machine did them or a very very very steady almost machine like chinese welder :p plus $1300 could get u a FMIC supplied and installed by xspeed!

Mister Two 27-12-2006 03:24 PM

$1300 for a FMIC supply and Install...

NAH... back to ebay for a china spec FMIC and piping. And install it yourself. Cost $400. DONE!

You can then spend the remaining $900 on drugs and hookers... :D

Elrico 27-12-2006 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=Mister Two]$1300 for a FMIC supply and Install...

NAH... back to ebay for a china spec FMIC and piping. And install it yourself. Cost $400. DONE!

You can then spend the remaining $900 on drugs and hookers... :D[/QUOTE]

China Spec Drugs and hookers $50 then spend the other $850 on red 17 at the cas! :D Yeah ill be getting a Hybrid FMIC i think all piping and everything etc for $650!

waxdass 27-12-2006 03:50 PM

i gota espelir jap cat-back zorst for sale

will save you alot of money, for a qualoty jap exhaust system.

BLUES 27-12-2006 03:57 PM

Check out this too - [url]http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8968[/url]

Elrico 27-12-2006 03:59 PM

Yeah, there are heaps of options, just with a bit of patience and a quick phone call you can save hheaps :)

WANT3D 27-12-2006 04:30 PM

Hey Mate I Got One Of Dylans Systems On My Car And Its Done 2000km And Im Taking It Off Coz Im Putting My Car Back To Stock to sell it, Pm Me If Ur Interested we can talk about how much. Its A 3'' Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust You Can View It In For Sale Forum AND FMIC IF U INTERESTED

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1750/5f1ox6te3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Sorry To Hijack Thread

waxdass 27-12-2006 04:47 PM

[img]http://www.songdawg.com/archives/seagulls.jpg[/img]

chee 27-12-2006 04:59 PM

Back In Your Boxes.

rexwaggon 27-12-2006 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=Mister Two]While those $2K exhausts are better. They have a better flowing splitter dump pipe design and better quality mufflers.

China Spec has come a long way from its cheap and nasty origins.[/QUOTE]

i doubt they would make an extra 10hp. Willing to supply one for dyno purposes if some1 wants to proove me wrong :)

Elrico 27-12-2006 05:49 PM

Im not out to claw all the HP i can get to be honest. Just want something that will give me a nice performance increase and maintain a good look/sound. So far im impressed and it hasnt dissapointed

Mister Two 27-12-2006 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=rexwaggon]i doubt they would make an extra 10hp. Willing to supply one for dyno purposes if some1 wants to proove me wrong :)[/QUOTE]

I did say [b]maybe[/b] 10hp. And thats only if already have a heavily modified 200KW@tw engine.

Anyone got access to a dyno? I would love to see the results of this test.

elemist 28-12-2006 01:06 AM

and if one doesn't want to get a china spec system? I'm looking at putting on an RMS system Turbo Back for $1750 in the next couple of weeks or so when they re-open. I got quoted $2500 from Aus Performance Centre in Myaree... which i figured i would give a miss. My mate is going to get me a price from Willetton Exhaust, anyone had or know of anyone whos had work done there?

Or any other suggested workshops? and est price if you know it.

BALISTC 28-12-2006 08:14 AM

If you want to get a system done at a shop, and are going to spend between $1500-2000 bucks on a system, make sure it comes from one of the workshops who knows Subaru's.

This way, your getting something thats tried and tested. MMS and RMS systems are regarded as the best in the business, so as a choice, they are a no-brainer.

207 de 28-12-2006 08:27 AM

RT one piece. no joins.

[BANNED] 28-12-2006 08:45 AM

I'd put money on the fact that a car with an AVO/APS/MSR/decent custom dump pipe/exhaust will out perform a shitter XFart (X Force) system.

I haven't dyno tested anything, but others have. The gains [B]are[/B] there. Seat of the pants dyno tells me that there is more bottom end to be had. Top end will probably be the same, however spool up will be very different.

Having said that though - even if it is 10hp down the bottom end..... is it really worth another $1200!???

In my books, I'd rather spend that $1200 on a retune!

TrsGT01 28-12-2006 09:01 AM

A mate of mine went to willeton exhaust and he found him to be o.k
I went there and all he would qoute me waz Xforce and thats all he dealt with(at the time)Ive been lookn at those $650 exhausts best bang for buck by far!

jEstEr? 28-12-2006 09:13 AM

as i said in the last exhaust thread, $650 for a turbo back exhaust off Dylan leaves you another $1000 to get a hand crafted diamond encrusted dump pipe, which imo is where the most gains are to be had. seriously once you've gone past the cat, how much difference can there be in essential a straight piece of 3" pipe?

Intra 28-12-2006 09:16 AM

yeah, all the gains would really be up-pipe/headers and dump-pipe design.

nauli 28-12-2006 09:33 AM

And there's a Butler dump pipe for $240 in the For Sale section....

kristian90 28-12-2006 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=RichX]Don't get a Cannon .. Get something along the lines of a nice 3" S/S with a Oval Muffler - This bring out the nice deep rex burble while not being too loud.

Have a look at mine, if you like i'll give you the name of my contact. This System cost $2200, but I had the up-pipe done at the same time.

[url]http://members.ii.net/~tcarch/WRXExhaust/[/url][/QUOTE

Hey dude yeah your right dont get a big cannon you get a tiny roar get a 4inch muffler/straight pipe it sounds more beafy :cool: try xspeed there good hey

uglycong 02-01-2007 09:13 PM

after reading almost all the exhaust threads, i still don't know what to get

btw im after the really deep note and doesnt have to be loud

Elrico 02-01-2007 09:20 PM

It depends on how much YOU want to spend. Dylans exhaust will give that deep boxer sound without droneing out and isnt overly loud in my opinion. It really depends on ones definition of "loud". For $650, its pretty hard to go wrong.

feral 02-01-2007 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=kristian90][QUOTE=RichX]Don't get a Cannon .. Get something along the lines of a nice 3" S/S with a Oval Muffler - This bring out the nice deep rex burble while not being too loud.

[url]http://members.ii.net/~tcarch/WRXExhaust/[/url][/QUOTE

Hey dude yeah your right dont get a big cannon you get a tiny roar get a 4inch muffler/straight pipe it sounds more beafy :cool: try xspeed there good hey[/QUOTE]
what was wrong with the exhaust already on the car when you bought it!!!

Shane 02-01-2007 10:14 PM

I have a mms tbe system sitting in my shed that i bought off a mate who rolled his car. I have heard good things about these systems. Anyone got one fitted? It did sound awesome on my mates car, that is why i jumped at buying it off him. Deep sound without being too loud.

RichX 02-01-2007 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=feral][QUOTE=kristian90]
what was wrong with the exhaust already on the car when you bought it!!![/QUOTE]

Haha, hey mate .. Too quiet, too restrictive .. wanted the burble and unleash a bit of power. Good platform for further mods in the future.

Defintely made a difference! :)

uglycong 02-01-2007 10:39 PM

[QUOTE=Sphoolin]It depends on how much YOU want to spend. Dylans exhaust will give that deep boxer sound without droneing out and isnt overly loud in my opinion. It really depends on ones definition of "loud". For $650, its pretty hard to go wrong.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind spending 2k on a good/decent tbe

Elrico 02-01-2007 10:44 PM

[QUOTE=uglycong]I don't mind spending 2k on a good/decent tbe[/QUOTE]

Gimmie 2k and id spend it on a phat computer + tune :D

uglycong 02-01-2007 11:53 PM

I'm planning on a verso tune with this exhaust

thebish 06-01-2007 08:22 AM

where does one contact Dylan?