Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Non Commercial Group Buys
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-2012, 05:52 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff
Default Hyperflow Race Sumps

Howdy

Went to order a Hyperflow Stage 2 Racing Sump today, but when I called up, I was told that they don't make them anymore due to there not being enough interest. But I was also told they may be interested in doing a production run if they can get enough sales to justify it. So if you want one now, or its somewhere on your list of parts to get before you die, then this may be your only chance. At this stage, it is only an expression of interest. I honestly don't think there will be the numbers, but you never know. I will be cross posting on some various suby forums to try and get some numbers up. At this stage, I dont have any pricing, or minimum purchase value, but at a guess you could expect to pay around the purchase price listed on their website and we'd probably need 10-20 sales. This isn't a GB to get prices down, this is a GB just to try and get a price in the first place. If the GB takes off, I will try and negotiate for the best possible pricing. These truly look like a great piece of kit, and would have to be the best Subaru sumps I have seen while browsing the net apart from a multi-thousand $ dry sump kit.

Due to probably not being able to get numbers to have both types made, we will probably have to choose one type to be made to get the GB afloat. I personally have preference for the Stage 2 in Black, as my headers aren't TS / EL, and the Stage 2's have a larger oil capacity, but if the trend is towards a Stage 3 then I could go that way just to make it happen.

Hyperflow Website

WRX/STi 97-07 High Capacity Alloy Race Sump Stage 2

The Hyperflow WRX Stage 2 racing sump is a semi dry sump (6L Capacity vs OEM 4L non twin scroll) which provides exceptional oil surge reduction for the Subaru WRX / STi. This innovative design allows us to control oil surge within the sump and has a stonger oil pick up strainer and supply tube incorporated, as well as a gating system. This concept utilises a series of chambers which reduces the longitudinal and lateral movement of the oil, reducing oil surge under high G force operation on and off the track.

Traditionally the oil pickup has been an engine component and the sump is fitted around the strainer, this is no different on the Subaru engine. This creates complications when it comes to controlling the oil surge due to cornering, acceleration and braking force, as there has to be a large hole in the top baffle to allow the sump to fit around the pickup.

To counter act this Hyperflow MY07 WRX Race Sump have developed a novel Semi Dry sump (majority of oil is stored separate to the engine) to provide exceptional oil surge reduction for the 2.5 l Subaru WRX. The innovation allowing us to control and minimize oil surge within the sump and has been the incorporation of the oil pickup strainer and supply tube as a part of the sump, combined with a one way gating system to control lateral and longitudinal oil surge. A patent has been applied for on the HyperFlow Race Sump for the WRX.
Part Number: HYAS-MY9707S2K

WRX/STi 97-07 High Capacity Alloy Race Sump Stage 3

The Hyperflow Stage 3 Twin Scroll sump holds 4.5L of oil compared to the standard twin scroll Subaru 3L capacity, an increase of 1.5L. (sump volume to full point only not including engine, filter and oil cooler) The sump includes improved top baffle plate and return over the version 1 Hyperflow range of billet racing sumps, as well as all HFT standard features as mentioned below.

The Hyperflow Stage 3 Twin Scroll racing sump is a semi dry sump (4.5L Capacity) which provides better oil surge reduction for the Subaru WRX / STi and can be fitted with the factory and most aftermarket equal length twin scroll header systems. This innovative design allows us to control oil surge within the sump and has a stronger than factory stainless steel pickup tube and oil pick up strainer incorporated, as well as a gating system, top baffle plate and oil return. This concept utilises a series of chambers which reduces the longitudinal and lateral movement of the oil, reducing oil surge under high G force operation on and off the track.

Traditionally the oil pickup has been an engine component and the sump is fitted around the strainer, this is no different on the Subaru engine. This creates complications when it comes to controlling the oil surge due to cornering, acceleration and braking force, as there has to be a large hole in the top baffle to allow the sump to fit around the pickup.

To counter act this Hyperflow have developed a Semi Dry sump for the twin scroll (majority of oil is stored separate to the engine) to provide an exceptional oil surge reduction. This innovation allows us to control and minimize oil surge within the sump. It has been the incorporation of the stronger oil pickup strainer and supply tube (part of the sump), combined with a one way gating system that allows us to control the lateral and longitudinal oil surge. We have elected to use no moving parts in the gating system after many months of testing showed moving parts within the oil system are not a good idea when it comes to rock solid reliability and performance.

The bottom blue bolt on anodized aluminium section allows fitment and inspection of the oil strainer and pickup without having to remove the sump from the engine. It also incorporates the oil drain plug and is the lowest part of the sump just below where the oil pickup is located. All parts of this sump are rubber O-Ring sealed (dip stick, top main flange, bottom inspection plate, sump plug and oil pickup) so no more messy gasket goo getting through your engine and having to wait till it sets to start your vehicle.

With increased engine reliability due to stable oil pressure and cooler running temperatures, fitting a Hyperflow Stage 3 billet sump a wise investment. It will pay for itself tenfold the first time it saves your tuned engine from premature failure.

I hope this not only explains how the product works, but also why it is beneficial to have one installed. Obviously if you drive like a grandma don't worry about it.

Group buy status: EOI
Item Description and Details: Hyperflow Race Sump.
Pricing conditions and structure: To Be Announced.
Pick-up/shipping options and costs: To Be Announced.
Closing date of EOI/group buy: September 1st 2012.
Estimated delivery date: To Be Announced
Pictures:

Stage 2

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage3

Email: bram DOT biesiekierski AT gmail DOT com
Phone: zero 4 zero 5 67 337 one

Tags
hyperflow, race, sumps