Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

damn wont be seeing any Pagani Zondas here then
Old 24-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Carbon fibre bonnets / panels etc are all illegal as they shatter upon impact rather than crumpling and absorbing the force. The shattered CF bits can also cause problems for other pedestrians / road users at the time of a crash too.

Headlights have to be of a certain wattage (If I remember correctly 50/55W) and the low beam is to be on the outside with the highbeam on the inside. Also the headlights must emit white light only (there are exceptions for halogens, but basically if your car didn't come with them, they are illegal).

Also, despite neons being legal, I would expect red/blue/white ones to have the possibility of getting a sticker as you cannot have certain coloured lights facing in certain directions.

If in doubt, get a copy of the ADR's and read before deciding on a modification. Everyone is going to have the "oh the police are so bad because they defected me for ...". They are only doing their job and looking out for the safety of all road users. If you researched and checked things out before modding, you will save yourself this hassle.

carbon bonnets are illegal on 95 i believe and above vehicle, but john is right, they shatter, not bend. also in the ADR's neons that are the same colour as emergency service vehicles (red, white) are illegal. Although if you asked the copper that pulled over Carly a fortnight ago "oh they changed that rule last week"
Old 24-02-2007, 09:48 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
I think the issue which stace has missed is that the police are picking on things which logically make no difference to road saftey. How can they justify anyones lights being "too bright" when they dont have the factory lights there to compare if it is actually brighter or not.
I often have problems with cocksmokers and aftermarket, incorrectly adjusted headlights or lamps. I'm _glad_ people get shagged for doing stupid shit like this that can make life hard for other people on the road.

To the OP, sucked in.
Old 24-02-2007, 10:15 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

thebish at standard level

ignition dvd cruise?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=2010494292
Old 24-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlyn
standard cop bashing, its the cops fault that you put on the illegal mods. damn cops forcing you to put on non-compliant components.

shame shame. No really get a life, if your car is not compliant then don't go bitching on the forum when you get pinched for it
I agree, besides, if there wasnt idiots doing burnouts and shit as usual, the cops wouldve left the cruise alone (this Ive been told by multiple sources) Problems with cops didnt start till the hoon behaviour did, so if you have non-complient mods, and hang around when idiots are doing their shit, then dont complain when the cops are just doing their job.
Old 25-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Sir AntiLag

dwrx at standard level

i dont see the problem, take them off, go over the pits... be nice and done, when u take off, pull over, put the lights back on...and your down 50 bucks with a smile? lucky they didnt just say hey u were being a hoon and take ur fuckin car the soft cock cunts..
Old 25-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

I really dont understand what peoples gripe is. Dont act like a fuckhead on the road, and the police generally leave you alone.
Old 25-02-2007, 12:43 AM
STI Master

LTDGC8 at standard level

my friend got done for those lights as well..... and while they were on it....exhaust too loud and tint too dark....so u getting it just for lights should b good enough....

i personally dont like lights that bloody shine in ur eyes whilst ur driving in opposite direction....

anywayz.... i've had my say.... drive like a nanny and cops will leave u alone...

its not ONLY boyz who drive nice cars!!!!
Old 25-02-2007, 07:23 AM
STI Master

11secWrx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
I really dont understand what peoples gripe is. Dont act like a fuckhead on the road, and the police generally leave you alone.

That is bullshit
Old 25-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
I think the issue which stace has missed is that the police are picking on things which logically make no difference to road saftey. How can they justify anyones lights being "too bright" when they dont have the factory lights there to compare if it is actually brighter or not.

How many people have died recently from bright headlights as the cause?

Things like suspension and tyres maybe.... but most of the time they do you for having a car that is TOO Road worthy. Tyres too good, Rims too good, Brakes not ADR compliant even though its obvious they pull the car up 20m shorter.

Such a load of nanny state wank. Go catch some real criminals u cops ....instead of revenue raising on the street and letting grannies get bashed.
This is the excact point im making. Sure dickheads doing burnouts and what have you is retarded. Speeding (which everyone does because noones perfect) yeah thats fine, book em, but to say that the headlights on a car isnt compliant with some standard is pathetic. To say that because you car makes a pppsstttt is illegal, is retarded. How many poeple have been killed for having rim sizes over 2" bigger then what it came with stock? How many people have died from brighter headlights? How many people have died from darker window tint? Died from a Blow off Valve? Not very many.

Bottom line is, its a load of shit. The fact they can do this just shows the community how much they just walk over people. Honestly, i find it a shame that you cant have a nice looking car without getting the 3rd degree. A damn shame.

Whats next? They gonna come and yellow sticker you fuckin house because it isnt complient with the Australian Standards for looking like a concrete boring piece of crap? Load of bullocks

Last edited by Elrico; 25-02-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Tags
dam, fing, yellows