Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   AFL Dribble Shit Thread (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/11333-afl-dribble-shit-thread.html)

XT43 21-08-2013 02:46 PM

That last paragraph is what grinds my gears. Parents send their kids off to an adopted family / club which then starts banging god knows what in to them.
If my son had been given this shit, I'd be over there in a flash and James Hird would be having flash backs to that day where he had his skull caved in on subi oval.

BLUES 21-08-2013 02:53 PM

The disappointing omission is the transcript from Tyrone Biggums:

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZA7nbWJaMsscpfwE0hpxpJekgwkrAzIoWr6Ze_qBq6Hcdfze0[/IMG]

American Dave 21-08-2013 02:54 PM

exactly Burke, the thought of someone treating my son like some guinea pig and getting them to sign disclaimers half way thru is absolute bull shit. The nerve at the arse covering by Hird & Co beggers belief.

BLUES 21-08-2013 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=BOMB3R;767284]Innocent until proven guilty?[/QUOTE]

AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon has made the following statement in relation to the status of AOD-9604:

"When the Australian Crime Commission report was released in February this year, the report indicated AOD-9604 was not a banned substance. The AFL discussed this at the time with the Essendon FC.

"On April 22 this year, WADA indicated in a statement that AOD-9604 was a banned substance still under pre-clinical and clinical development and that it had not been approved for therapeutic use by any government health authority in the world.

"ASADA advised the AFL their position was consistent with WADA. The AFL has consistently acknowledged the uncertainty concerning the status of AOD-9604.

"The AFL has worked diligently with ASADA to get clarification on the status of AOD-9604 for the purposes of the Essendon FC investigation.

"When releasing the charges against the Essendon FC and four of its officials on 13 August 2013, we indicated that the investigation was continuing and that Infraction Notices against individual Essendon players or other persons could result if further information came to hand.

"In relation to comments last night by Dr Andrew Garnham, we have been advised in writing by ASADA CEO Aurora Andruska this morning that:

'AOD-9604 is not approved for human use and logically it couldn’t be considered safe to use.

'ASADA reiterates that at no point has it advised any party that AOD-9604 was permitted in sport, and our advice to the sporting community has always been consistent with WADA.'

For clarification, in February 2013, Dr Garnham took up an advisory role with the Essendon FC and therefore from that point was no longer eligible to sit on the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal should it be required."

GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tongue2:

American Dave 21-08-2013 03:14 PM

end of the game for Hird & Co

RUSSGT 21-08-2013 03:17 PM

Jaron do you belong to the Essondonians? [url=http://www.essendonians.com.au/]Welcome to Essendonians[/url]

They come up with some absolute crap... The bloke on the radio the other day made australia LAUGH at his retardation!

urabus 21-08-2013 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=BOMB3R;767282]Hi Brendon,

I see exactly where you are coming from and trust me it has crossed my mind as well and it would definitely be preferable to take the hit this year and not next but........by doing that we are admitting guilt, what is worse a few bad seasons or a lifetime of something like this against your name?

At the end of the day as I have said before the only winners out of this will be the lawyers.[/QUOTE]

Whatever the outcome, people (however right or wrong) are going to assume that EFC are guilty, whether it is next week, next year or in 2020. (OJ Simpson was proven not guilty but find me one person that doesn't think he did it).

I am sure that the AFL are as keen as EFC to see this whole matter closed. Obviously we are not privy to what the AFL have offered as a way of punishment so we are merely speculating, but surely a non disclosure agreement, lose your premiership points this year and cop a fine (an arbitrary amount) $1m with 90% suspended for 2 years. Make that idiot (the ex geelong high performance manager guy) the scapegoat and say he is banned from the afl for 5 years and quietly slip him a few hundred k and it all goes away and we all move on.

The best bargaining chip that EFC have right now is time. i.e. lets get this over and done with and move on.

Brendon

American Dave 21-08-2013 04:38 PM

nah its way more fun watching the whole sorted mess unwind slowly and painfully for the bumbers

BLUES 21-08-2013 04:50 PM

:iamwithst

Can't wait for the player infraction notices to be issued later and Watson handing back his Brownlow.

Cry me a river... :headbang:

GTB Liberty 21-08-2013 04:55 PM

My view - the organisation bring the game into disrepute at the moment is the AFL commission by their constant delaying of what should have been dealt with within weeks of disclosure.