Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Advice for firsthomebuyers (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/11990-advice-firsthomebuyers.html)

NVRENUF 11-05-2007 06:10 PM

yeah Great its good. but for 500k not going to get much...

and now all these people who waited for the budget are going to rush to buy these cheaper houses and end up paying more than the asking price becuase heaps of people want it. and pay what they would have with stamp duty few weeks before.

OllieJ 11-05-2007 09:22 PM

Got the keys to the house my partner and I built today. It's our first home and the money we have made on it already far outweighs the $7600 we paid in stamp duty on the land. Now its a case of spending another bundle of money fitting the place out

EXPLICIT 12-05-2007 09:27 PM

No stamp duty at all on property purchases would be a step forward. Removing from the lowest common denominator and claiming it a huge tax relief is a load of horse shit, when you pay tax twice on a purchase. waste of time.

NVRENUF 13-05-2007 07:19 AM

[QUOTE=EXPLICIT]No stamp duty at all on property purchases would be a step forward. Removing from the lowest common denominator and claiming it a huge tax relief is a load of horse shit, when you pay tax twice on a purchase. waste of time.[/QUOTE]

so true. I just paid $20k in tax for my block. what a waste of money.

im just hopeing the people now who are going out buying cheaper houses makes those people selling there houses upgrade to bigger then i can sell mine haha.

Köura 13-05-2007 07:56 AM

True, it's not really a huge tax relief.

I reckon the hardest thing is getting off you're ass and building a portfolio. Superficially this is good for people wanting to get into property and need that extra push. I think this budget will keep the market bouyant....or at least prevent or prolong a property plateau (oops, bit of spit there).

...we want property to be a performing investment right?

207 de 13-05-2007 10:35 AM

if your smart and can afford to be paying off something you can't really use, take a look at land outside of Perth.

I bought 5 acres, ocean views in Denmark about 3 years ago. It has gone up 400%...and thats a valuation given by Westpac when I wanted to build a shed on it.

Anywhere on the coast between Perth and Esperance FTW. Free money.

Adr3naL1N 13-05-2007 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=atz 242]if your smart and can afford to be paying off something you can't really use, take a look at land outside of Perth.

I bought 5 acres, ocean views in Denmark about 3 years ago. It has gone up 400%...and thats a valuation given by Westpac when I wanted to build a shed on it.

Anywhere on the coast between Perth and Esperance FTW. Free money.[/QUOTE]

yes ive heard of alot of people doing that and it pays off big time, i even k now of people who have bought as far as melbourne while living here and it paid off very nicely for em.

waxdass 24-04-2009 08:27 PM

bump..

What you guys reckon will happen to house and land prices once the 21'000 grant runs out? I realize alot of first home buyers are using this as their deposit - which otherwise they couldn't afford to get a mortgage... i'v been keeping an eye on property for a while now and it seems houses and land are still ridiculously expensive for what they are. Looks like ppl selling are making the most of the desperate buyers out there.

SO recession, growing unemployment & no more $21k grant = huge drop in prices soon??

scoobygez 24-04-2009 08:55 PM

I personally reckon there will be another stimulas package ie 21k or more house prices will drop and continue to drop ie more unemployment etc etc

its happened in athe usa and the uk and i think now oz is catching up its a good and bad thing at the same time for both partys....

Jim621 24-04-2009 09:23 PM

DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN!

well hopefully....im waiting to buy...

the housing prices have to fall, they are atificially stabilised by the FHOG. once that gets stopped, houses will fall, and they will fall more than 21k too IMO.