Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2007, 07:30 PM
STI Master

Darken at standard level
Default How would you handle this?

Hey Guys

I organised a courier Australian National Couriers "ANC" last week to obtain a package from Queensland. Now this particular courier company used another courier "Toll Ipec" to pick up the package from the person. Now, long story short the goods were apparently picked up "seller says", but no Con note was given to the seller from the courier guy. The seller said he looked legit with his pda/drove an Orix van. This occured Monday afternoon last week.
Now being Queensland I expected this package to take 1 week to arrive. Monday comes and I follow this up. No package! arrives. Now for the last 3 days ANC have kept me in the dark as to what has happened. So I follow this up with Toll myself and find out now that apparently no package was picked up Monday of last week. We'll this is what the system says.
So here I am now having paid for the goods and I don't have absolutley no bloody idea who to point the finger at. The guy selling the goods seems genuine enough. Have I been the victim to a dodgey courier guy.

What would you do?

Cheers
Old 30-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

I assume you got insurance when you signed up for the pickup? Was it an expensive item? Courier should have a minimum level of insurance cover for lost items AFAIK.
Old 30-05-2007, 07:44 PM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

The courier gave no insurance! But I am thinking there has to be some sort of liability clause. Duty of Care! One thing is to get damaged goods but not to receive anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
I assume you got insurance when you signed up for the pickup? Was it an expensive item? Courier should have a minimum level of insurance cover for lost items AFAIK.
Old 30-05-2007, 09:53 PM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

sounds like they lost it and are covering their asses.

keep pressing them for a resolution, they have to follow up.

And if a fake courier picked up the package the real courier would show up later, so they are full of shit.
Old 30-05-2007, 10:03 PM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

Yep you are right Miggidy! I am going to apply the pressure. It's either locate the goods or replace the goods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggidy
sounds like they lost it and are covering their asses.

keep pressing them for a resolution, they have to follow up.

And if a fake courier picked up the package the real courier would show up later, so they are full of shit.
Old 31-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

The chances of a "fake courier" are very slim. Did the sender address the package? Without a con-note and no address the package will be sitting in the Toll Ipec depot in Brisbane still. I get lost inbound freight occasionally, and it's always caused by incorrectly (lazily) filled out con-notes where the sender doesn't put the destination correctly or leaves the account number off or something. I use ANC and Toll Ipec almost exclusively, they are both top notch in my opinion. When this package finally turns up (and it will) there will be an obvious ommission on the con-note, I can almost guarantee it. It's the sender's resposibility to fill it out correctly. If ever I think a supplier has insufficient brain cells to correctly fill one in, I express post a filled in con-note to them.
Old 31-05-2007, 11:06 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Wouldn't a courier co who farms out pickups to other couriers be liable for any loss in transit, by way of the fact that a 3rd party in the transaction was not authorised by the addressee or sender?

Also, would there be grounds for compensation for duress or loss resulting from the courier's unexpexted/unauthorised action, because eg the goods were expensive or needed by a certain time, since expired?
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 01-06-2007, 08:22 AM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

After a million phone calls and speaking with supervisors which began to take the non liability clause by feeding me bullshit!!! They tried to tell me that on their system this package was supposelably never even picked up. I wasn't about to back off as I had 3 independant witnesses that could verify the package was picked up. I mean these people are all about protecting the company! I then receive a call saying they have located the goods in the Brisbane depot. Phew!!!

I am a Happy Camper once again!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:13 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darken
After a million phone calls and speaking with supervisors which began to take the non liability clause by feeding me bullshit!!! They tried to tell me that on their system this package was supposelably never even picked up. I wasn't about to back off as I had 3 independant witnesses that could verify the package was picked up. I mean these people are all about protecting the company! I then receive a call saying they have located the goods in the Brisbane depot. Phew!!!

I am a Happy Camper once again!
thank god Steve! that's was starting to sound bad for you! Get that gear plus the zorst and you have a completely different car!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:19 AM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

Yes Dave, my Club Spec will be a little confused with it's new outfit! STi Wannabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
thank god Steve! that's was starting to sound bad for you! Get that gear plus the zorst and you have a completely different car!

Tags
handle