Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2007, 03:53 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

What about girl hoons? I've seen a fair few, are they the exception? hahahaha. Also the part on the add where the VL driver with P plates is doing a burnout or whatever and he looks in the rear view mirror and his mates in the back are doing the pinky finger thing is wrong haha. Chances are the guy in the back would be like "Sick skid bro pass another bundy" haha.
Old 25-06-2007, 04:26 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs
Interesting approach, doubt it will work though. When I was in NZ a couple of months ago I saw a very well put together anti-speeding add. Most of the ads here I take very little or no notice at all but this one seemed to hit home.

It started with a bloke and his young son driving along a country road, he looks at his speedo and is doing 10 k's over the limit he goes on to overtake another car and continue speeding. He then gets caught for speeding and pleads with the cop but still gets the fine and drives away pissed off.

On his return trip you see him travelling at the speed limit and then another car overtakes him, obviousley speeding, he whinges and complains 'well why dont they get caught and I do bla bla bla' next thing you see he drives past a bad accident and it happens to be the car that just sped past him, he then gets ushered through the accident site by the same cop who gave him the fine earlyer and gets given a knowing look from the cop.

There were four of us Aussie boys in the room at the time, and we were all dead silent after that ad.
Last week some dickhead attempted to overtake me and 7 cars in front of me on Beechborro Rd north. This was the section just after the lights at Marshall heading N. Struggling to pass 4 cars in his bunky EF falcon, he gets to the corner near the entrance to whiteman park and realises that hes driving a piece of shit and theres oncoming traffic, forces the innocent person in our lane to go on the verge, and the oncoming car to hit the brakes.

He eventually got stuck in traffic on gnangara drive and it was some middle aged bogan. He wasnt a hoon, just a complete dickhead. Anyhows i got him to wind down his window and i told him the cops were on their way, he wasnt very happy about that lol.

I dont think that theres any kind of ad that is going to stop this stuff. And this how people die. Was one of the closest calls ive seen in a while.
Old 25-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

i recon, if i was driving that VL, and my mates in the back called me a "soft cock" for doing a skid, id stop the car, and tell them to fucken walk...

As for doing a skid infront of the chix... Chick's love skids... Look at Motorvation, Ignition, Summernats.... I recon a fair percentage of people in the crowd are female, and they r there because they want to be, not because Trev dragged them along for the show...

The ad doesn't actually target speeding at all.... Shit Ad, Nuff Sed!
Old 25-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brendan08 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to Brendan08

Clearly NSW didnt raise enough revenue this year its just gonna aggrevate the trevs!
Old 25-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

But I have trouble doing burnouts and fishtailing in AWD. Does that mean
WRX owners have huge knobs ?

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]
Old 25-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

Remember what Clarkson says people, Its not speed that kills its suddenly stopping when you hit somthing
Old 25-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I speed for the buzz it gives me. nothing puts a smile on ya dial than getting pinned in your seat by G forces and the sound of the motor and exhaust is joy!

Cars are fun, I don't think its a penis thing at all. Does that mean fighter pilots have super micro penis. Any adrenaline junky will agree that speed is a buzz.
Old 25-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
As for doing a skid infront of the chix... Chick's love skids... Look at Motorvation, Ignition, Summernats.... I recon a fair percentage of people in the crowd are female, and they r there because they want to be, not because Trev dragged them along for the show...
Some chicks do, but many dont (ie probably a good percentage of "mature and classier" wives and girlfriends!), Either way, last thing you wanna do is attract attention to urself when doing em. Cant trust anyone with a video camera these days!

Poor burnout from the ford though
Old 25-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

just goes to sure how clueless the govt are when it comes to tackling the issue.
Old 25-06-2007, 07:41 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
Cars are fun, I don't think its a penis thing at all. Does that mean fighter pilots have super micro penis. Any adrenaline junky will agree that speed is a buzz.
I think it's people with small penises who propogate the idea that people with fast cars have small penises..

Tags
ad, speeding