Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Sir AntiLag

D34THROW at standard level
Exclamation Cruise For A Cause, New Orleans

Invitation from Antilag(((Posting 4 Friend)))

Calling all car enthusiasts!

On the 18th of September (Sunday) there will be a cruise to raise money in order to help out those less fortunate than ourselves, specifically those affected by the Hurricane/Floodings in and around New Orleans.

The cruise will begin at the Kings Park Car-Park (more details to be provided), meeting between 4:30-5:00 for a 6:00pm departure.

Cruise maps will be available on the afternoon for a gold coin donation. Please note that maps are NOT available unless a donation is received. Map is still being constructed by the reliable Dean (Fasers180sxtc).

With reference to the Tsunami Cruise, we would like to steer clear of those selfish types who cannot find the goodness in themselves to make a small contribution to those who have lost so much. If this is you, please do not attend.

Everyone is expected to follow all road rules, as per usual.

Please pass this onto other clubs such as AntiLag, SAU, DBH, Perth WRX etc. Hopefully we can get a turnout similar to the Tsunami cruise and raise a healthy sum to help out those less fortunate.

If anyone has any specific charity organisations they would like to see the money donated to, please contact me at AGIT8D@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Dan
Old 14-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

I just don't get donating to the richest country in the world.

With my flameproof suit on ready for calls of 'racist', i put to you that SURELY the US government have the funds to look after their own citizens. I read that individuals displaced by the hurricane get $2000 on a debit card JUST by declaring that they were displaced by the hurricane, and they never have to pay the $2000 back. It's a gift. The poor people get it too.

Regardless, as with any post-disaster fundraising, be very wary of who you donate to, and make sure you get a reciept so that you can at least claim it off your income tax.

g.
Old 14-09-2005, 08:41 AM
wombat

i agree with geoff

after seeing the all the looting and crap that went on, there is no way in hell i'd ever donate a cent to that cause. people that turn into rabid animals as soon a crisis happens is pathetic to say the least.
Old 14-09-2005, 08:56 AM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

and good ole johnny donated 10million of our hard earned money to these forkers. wat a tool.

anyway the US owe china like 20 billion... money they needed for all the shiet they did to disturb osama.
Old 14-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Well said Geoff, but whats the deal with a cruise on a sunday night? Do people not work on mondays anymore?
Old 14-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

This same issue came up on Antilag, no one wants to donate to the USA because its not a good cause....its not as if the USA is 3rd world, they have a LOT of money, in fact most of the money which was allocated to repair the levees that stop the water from flooding New Orleans, was diverted elsewhere, and then this happened

...and the Bush government has accepted full responsibility for the tragedy, so let THEM fix it!
Old 14-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Sir AntiLag

Rexilla at standard level

one day i would like to see a cruise organised in the States that aimed at raising money for "disasters in Australia".............who the fcuk gives johnny the right to give our hard earned money (we have one of the highest income tax rate in the world and i basicly works 5mths a year for free! ) to a country who owns more than 60% of the world's wealth (Aust is less than 20%) just so he can look good.
Old 15-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyGT
and good ole johnny donated 10million of our hard earned money to these forkers. wat a tool.
when you cruise to work tomorrow (unless your a drug dealer and you live in your mums basement) just pretend your on the cruise, because you've already donated
Old 15-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Sir AntiLag

D34THROW at standard level
Wink Cancellation

Just to inform:
Cruise has been cancelled... They just finished the map as well!!! Will be organising another one very soon...

Tags
cruise, orleans