Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
Either way it will not have cost me much to own the thing for 18months. The reason the diesel cruisers are so strong at the moment is because the engine does not meet the 2007 emissions so they stopped producing them in November 2006. If you want to tow 3.5 tonne you dont have a lot of choice.

Brendon

Correct, just putting the info out there for those who think they will claim 20% depreciation on a Lambo or something.

Cruisers and F250's are having great re-sale because of the diesel emissions thingy.
Old 24-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Yeah those F250s have some ridiculous prices...I've seen 3-4 year old ones selling for as much as a BRAND NEW one...goes to show how little research people do when they buy a car.

Too bad they are built like a fucking pile of turd....the plastics are typical American junk, and will disintegrate if you look at it too hard.
Old 24-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Yeah those F250s have some ridiculous prices...I've seen 3-4 year old ones selling for as much as a BRAND NEW one...goes to show how little research people do when they buy a car.
Agreed 100% I looked at one when they were plentiful and the fleet discount was approx $20k. I spose the writing was on the wall but I certainly never picked up on it.

I spose the issue is that if you want to tow 4.5tonne you have absolutely no choice. Also the effies are good because they are not subject to FBT.

Brendon
Old 24-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

So what do you actually want an "SUV" for?
If you're going to use it offroad in a mildly serious manner, then get something which is comfortable to drive and has good offroad ability...eg Pajero, Prado, Landcruiser, Patrol, Discovery ....and are of a "reasonable price....or go more upmarket (if you like to show off) with a Range Rover or Merc which also have good offroad ability.
(Or a Jeep if you prefer unreliable cars...)
If you don't really want to go offroad much then anything from cheap end (Nissan Murano) up (via X5, Q7...) to expensive end (Cayenne turbo...)...all good on tarmac,gravel and sand but not ideal for rougher stuff.

It's your money, but I wouldn't be thumping a $80k+ car over rocks and through tree branches.
Old 24-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Sir AntiLag

Makavel at standard level

haha agreed i don't plain to i have a full Toyota personnel carrier decked out with sat phones and gps for that this is just more for cruising and pimpin really
Old 24-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

Rexilla at standard level

was tempted by the currently $62xxx drive away deal on the Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2ltr HEMI but then suddently remembered all those Jeep SUVs burst into flames in the middle of the road, and Chryslers claim they're normal. (although a friend of mine had one without any problems)

Range Rover Sport on the other hand, I would forget about all that resale value nonsense and buy it purely on the looks alone (lets face it, we don't buy cars for investment purposes).

4.2L Supercharged V8 Petrol with 287kw and 550Nm with all the luxury for about $140g or
3.6L twin turbo diesel with 200kw and 640Nm (yes 640), great low down torque, fuel efficiency of a diesel engine.

the only complaint i have is the Brembos are fronts only, i'd pay extra to real Brembos on!
Old 24-07-2007, 04:01 PM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

Get a CX-7 and then never look back
Old 24-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Brother in law just got the tribeca subaru suv good value for money bit ugly but come with reverse camera and sat nav.

nice car.

Tags
car, suv, type